Can anyone recommend a webpage or a book that i can use to get some knowledge abou turbos. Been reading up on a few old threads on here an all the abbriviations and numbers are jibberish to me.

I know how they work its just all the talk abou A/Rs and T3, T4 and GT35s and stuff like that i dont understand. Quite fancy trying a diy turbo build at some point and would like to know what im doing.

Did a quick search on google but couldnt find what i was looking for :@

I was the same a year or so ago, never really know what anything meant, but as Paul said, Garretts website is the best.. I learn nearly.everythin I know from there.

I only think I knew was the brand and model, I couldn't tell you what was significant about a Garrett GT3582r for example, but now I do ;) all this .68 and .82 and 1.06 back housing meant nothing when I first thought about turbo's, but its a doddle really!

Yep, Garrett's site is very good and so is this book, which covers all aspects of modern tuning, not just turbos - http://www.holisticpage.com.au/21stCenturyPerformance_JulianEdgar%7C9780947216900

Compressor side AR - Ignore.

Turbine side AR:

Small number = Quick boost, but restrictive up top.

Bigger number = Later boost, but less restrictive up top.

I don't how many times we've discussed this. You need to refine your search techniques ;)

Those two turbos are cheap relicas I'm afraid. A genuine, 100% Garrett, GT3582R with 0.82AR housing and 3" V band outlet will cost you around £1100-£1200 with the VAT. If you see them cheaper than that, your suspicions should be aroused.

I have a brand new GT3582R, 0.82, 3" V band, 100% Garrett going for £900 if you're interested :-)

I was going to turbo my R32 with it but I've decided to stay naturally aspirated.

Cheerrs for the offer but not looking at buying one at the moment, just trying to find a little out about turboing so im a bit more clued up about it for if/when i decide to go for it.

Had a quick skim over your build thread the other day, some nice work there!

• 2 weeks later...