High idle when headlights are on

Hello,

I've been having this high idle rpm (stayed at about 1000rpm) issue with my car since i bought it. turns out my alternator was beyond repair , replaced it with a good one and now all is good.

Idle rpm is steady and always stays about one line below 1000rpm. Problem is when I turn on my headlights (aftermarket xenon kit) it goes up again to about 1000rpm. Is this ok ? It used to go up also when the fans kicked it with the old alternator but now with the lights off and the fans on it doesn't even budge.

Badly designed ballasts on this xenon kit ? Is my electrical system getting old and can't handle various the various consumers that are present ?

thanks,

Mike

this was another question I wanted to ask...i tried this on 2 different versions of vag com and I couldn't do the throttle body adaptation because it said the module was not available or something like that. I followed the steps as written on vag's com site...

My car is 1996 ODB 2...but I cannot remember the Bosch computer version. Could it be that it is an older version that doesn't allow for performing this thing ?