I put a de-locked handle on the drivers door a couple of days ago and now the cl's playing up. It locks ok with the fob but wont unlock. I have to open the boot, climb in and pull the button up. When i press the button to open it, there's no sound at all. It's not even trying, it just deactivates the alarm. Any ideas??? Ive searched the forum but had no luck.

Its something electrical and not the pump cos the pump does nothing when i press the button. Also the pump looks mint and dry. No air leaking etc. The alarm is deactivating itself as normal. Ive taken the door card off and looked behind and all LOOKS fine. Theres a little electrical plug connector that i thought may have been the problem but that also looks fine, still connected and dry. Also, when i climb in and pull the button up, the central locking works fine. Its just not opening on the button/fob.

Its started working/opening and closing again today..strange

The alarm is activating and deactivating as the light on the dash operates correctly. The fob does have 2 buttons but 1 is panic alarm. The other opens AND closes so i dont think its the alarm.....then again im no expert .

I think something may have got disturbed when i swapped the handle but what is there to disturb? All i can see is that plug i mentioned which seems ok. Is there a sensor there?