New Forum Layout - Feedback / Problems / Questions

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inbox Outbox Send MessageYour settings Your profile Logout The VR6 Owners Club Home About The Club

Join the Club Club History Contact Us About The VR6

VR6 Car Reviews

VR6 Buyers Guide

VR6 FAQ's

Insurance

MoneySupermarket

Meets & Events

Main Events Forum

Event Reports

Events Calendar

Forum

Forum Front Page

Subscribed Threads

Forum Rules

VR6OC Social

VR6OC on Twitter

Photo Gallery

VR6OC on YouTube

VR6OC on Facebook

Members Area

Wallpapers

Downloads

Benefits & Discounts

Renewal Information

Knowledge Vault

Membership Information

Search

Website Search

Sitemap

Locate Member

Gallery

Website Relaunch 2011

Wednesday 14 December 2011 - 09:33:08 | Website News | 2 Comments

It's been long overdue, and we are in the process of rolling out a new website design to bring us up to date with the latest technologies available.

The last major re-design of the website was back in 2007, and has been showing its age over the last year.

We ask for your patience while the new design goes live, it's no easy task, and will take a number of weeks before all bugs are ironed out.

Once completed, we will have the following benefits:

* Fresh / Crisp Look and feel

* Optimised for iPad / Android Tablets

* Optimised for Mobile Phones (iPhone / Android / Windows Mobile)

* Responsive Design - Page elements resize automatically to fit your browser window, with responsive Fancybox images.

* Social Functions - Share forum posts / news / articles on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn

Example Fancybox image:

* Premium Membership will now automatically renews for new Premium Members (with the ability to cancel at any time) existing members will benefit from this feature upon current membership expiring).

* Forum redesigned - clean / crisp look optimised for all devices.

Please note that the online store has been taken down until further notice while some process issues are addressed, The website will be stripped down to basics, and re-build bit by bit offering a consistent look and feel.

We hope you will be excited by the above changes, and bear with us during this phase, As always, thank you for your support.

Thanks.

The VR6 Owners Club 1 2 3 ...... 44 45 46 Club Membership VR6 FAQ's Tab3

Become a Premium Member of The VR6 Owners Club Today - It only costs £10 a year, and you benefit from many great discounts, including car insurance and priority Club Stand positions.

JOIN NOW

View FAQ Section

Test Content Club Events

19 February

DubFreeze

03 March

Janspeed Rolling Road day

11 March

Ultimate Dubs

Online Now

We have 40 visitors online.

Detailed View

Premium Members: 419

Members: 10021, newest: JoeyIowVr6Please use our community forums to ask questions relating to your vehicle, not the chatbox.

Chatbox

RCF

02 Jan : 11:10

Hi Imy.... if you post on the forum rather than this chat box people will come back to you... Oh and welcome... and please bear with us the forum is undergoing a redevelopment as we speak... :D

B19DRG

02 Jan : 02:25

Baaaaa

VR6Pete

01 Jan : 17:14

Oink

craggsy

01 Jan : 17:01

mooo

imy

01 Jan : 15:38

Am new to the forum I've had my golf mk3 vr6 highline on a 1998 which is last ever made in very good condition wi just 2 owners an 100000 on clock just wondering wat it's worth as I have a company car now an it doesn't get used as insurance is a problem now? Be gratefully for any help thanks

View all posts (39805)

The VR6 Owners Club Navigation

Home

About The Club

Join the Club

Club History

Contact Us

About The VR6

VR6 Car Reviews

VR6 Buyers Guide

VR6 FAQ's

Insurance

MoneySupermarket

Meets & Events

Main Events Forum

Event Reports

Events Calendar

Forum

Forum Front Page

Subscribed Threads

Forum Rules

VR6OC Social

VR6OC on Twitter

Photo Gallery

VR6OC on YouTube

VR6OC on Facebook

Members Area

Wallpapers

Downloads

Benefits & Discounts

Renewal Information

Knowledge Vault

Membership Information

Search

Website Search

Sitemap

Locate Member

Gallery

Copyright © 2003 - 2011 The VR6 Owners Club.

Contact Us | Privacy Policy

:) I've actually done a re-orgaise of the navigation links so it should be a little better ... further changes to make to trim it down etc...

also added in a notification system which needs a little more tweaking, this will be used to promote premium membership and to notify you of important things / events etc...

you can close the notification and re-open if your a premium member in 14 days, or every 3 days if your not a premium member...

Hi all!

Been busy tonight again!

The private message system has been re-designed so all you do is click private messages at the top of page and you can see what I've done! You now get easy access to all aspects of the messaging system which is cool! :) and details on usage etc...

I've also tweaked the top of the page to display number of inbox messages as unread in your inbox. The slide in notification has not yet been updated due to issues I'm currently looking at but the view is that this will also display number of unread messages too.

I've also removed some stuff from the forum on the full site like forum jump as it was difficult to use and looked a mess :) also trimmed down the area where avatar / premium member badge is shown etc...

Will implement the notifications mentioned in my previous thread on the mobile theme and further work on that perhaps tomorrow!

Please let me know of any issues :) cheers y'all

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I have now enabled a new image handler on the website...

It utilises something called 'fancy box' which is pretty cool as if the image is larger than your screen it will resize it on the fly, so viewing images on iPhone / iPad / desktop looks great!

Another little cool thing is that it will allow you to view all images on the page you are viewing... this is pretty cool on build threads or a thread that contains a lot of photos... you can also use your scroll wheel on your mouse to view the previous / next image :)

Have a play!

let me know any issues...

Here's a few example images to see how it works :)

1328914940_1_FT464773_1205085968_2_ft169489_dsc01844_.jpg

1328914940_1_FT464773_1205085968_2_ft169489_dsc01842_.jpg

1328914940_1_FT464773_1206463532_2_ft169489_dsc00075_resized_.jpg

performed a few optimisations with the login menu in regards to detecting if you have an unread message which triggers the alert... should now reduce the amount of DB queries :)

currently looking into adding some notifications of when your premium membeship is due to be renewed...

Pete