i am officially a turbo VR member at last! :D

Had my turbo set up today at stealth, had a few issues along the way, including a coilpack that decided to kill 2 cylinders without any warning, luckily Vince managed to get me a new one within the hour, and problem solved.

I can honestly say I've never been in anything so fast! It's unreal!! Yet somehow in the pouring rain managed to grip with standard box and diff in 3rd with no spin at all :s

Managed 360bhp and 340ft lbs of torque on 95ron fuel. Now its time for 99 fuel and some new Audi TT spark plugs!

Well chuffed!

I will also be doing a project write up sooner or later when I have time and uploaded all the pics!

NOW I'M JEALOUS......

i'm deffo going to join the VRT club and to be honest' date=' it can easily be done for 1k.

[/quote']

I personally don't think it is easy to do for 1k and done properly.

Well done for getting it done and achieving good numbers.

Thanks everyone, and as for cheap builds, you could do it with Chinese parts for 1k maybe.. I started as a budget build and I can guarantee you can't do it for that with Garrett turbo etc. Plus mapping and any issues, cost me nearly 550 yesterday after blew the coilpack on the dyno plus tuning.

easily, the parts are readily available. you all doubt it... but it's been proven time and time again. you say run safely, so bolting on a super charger and leaving it like that is safely? not difference to bolting on a turbo.

let me just prove it to tou. quite simple!

I have a spare Chinese turbo if you want it then.. brand new, never been tested or used so I won't be held responsible if it doesn't work or wrecks the engine in theory its brand new so should be ok, but then again, it is Chinese. 150 quid if you want it?

I have a spare Chinese turbo if you want it then.. brand new' date=' never been tested or used so I won't be held responsible if it doesn't work or wrecks the engine in theory its brand new so should be ok, but then again, it is Chinese. 150 quid if you want it?

[/quote']

ha nice, but i bought a brand new T3 turbo for £125 and the exhaust mani for £80 and the inlet mani for £200.

All ready got the fmic. i can get the custom oil line made up for nout. as well as the FMIC piping.

then just remapping. run it at 8/9 psi all day long, no wear on the turbo, no pressure on the engine..... pretty much the same as a "bolt on safe super charger" yes??

nope mate if your running it at 8/9 psi you may have to lower the compression on the engine etc and mapping is going to be £300 plus and all the other little bits you never factor in gauges etc :)

bolt on chargers are safe because they are designed to be standalone units and are run at 5 psi with no worries and no more !

I have a spare Chinese turbo if you want it then.. brand new' date=' never been tested or used so I won't be held responsible if it doesn't work or wrecks the engine in theory its brand new so should be ok, but then again, it is Chinese. 150 quid if you want it?

[/quote']

ha nice, but i bought a brand new T3 turbo for £125 and the exhaust mani for £80 and the inlet mani for £200.

All ready got the fmic. i can get the custom oil line made up for nout. as well as the FMIC piping.

No problem mate. I wish you all the best for it and hope it all works out.. and I would love to see the project.

What are you doing about exhaust and downpipe? Needs a minimum of 2.5 inch for turbo, preferably 3 inch. I built my own full 3 inch exhaust from turbo back, (inc downpipe) from 3 inch stainless steel, with 1 back box and some 3 inch pipe as my tail pipe, that cost a few hundred quid to do.

Also if you need a 3 inch silencer box I have a spare.. I bought 2 so if 1 was too loud I could put another in, but 1 is ok for me.

Even though ive recently fitted a stage 2 Charger setup im already thinking about building a Turbo Motor.

Have you got a build thread mate ?

Not at the moment no.. I haven't put all the pics up on photobucket yet. When its all sorted ill write something up.

as above looking forward to the thread :)

Even though ive recently fitted a stage 2 Charger setup im already thinking about building a Turbo Motor.

I thought about doing this soooo many times over the last year and flogging the charger setup but in the end the noise of the charger and the fact I only want 300ish bhp convinced me to stay charged :) but mainly the noise ! ;)

Have you got a build thread mate ?

Not at the moment no.. I haven't put all the pics up on photobucket yet. When its all sorted ill write something up.

[/quote']

No problem mate. I wish you all the best for it and hope it all works out.. and I would love to see the project.

What are you doing about exhaust and downpipe? Needs a minimum of 2.5 inch for turbo, preferably 3 inch. I built my own full 3 inch exhaust from turbo back, (inc downpipe) from 3 inch stainless steel, with 1 back box and some 3 inch pipe as my tail pipe, that cost a few hundred quid to do.

Also if you need a 3 inch silencer box I have a spare.. I bought 2 so if 1 was too loud I could put another in, but 1 is ok for me.

My best mates a farmer :D i got 4ft of 2.5" exhaust pipe and i already have the flange, if all else fails, then you can purchase one with a flexi in it for £180 from america. and i have been quoted the same amount to have a custom one made up from RK enginering :)

first tho, i wanna get the engine out and smoothing begin :)

That's not too bad at all then.. should be a nice project :) how are you with fuel pump and injectors? The cheapest injectors that are suitable for lower boost are the Saab turbo injectors. If I remember correct the code is 0280 150 431? Can get a set of 6 for 60 quid. I've been told a standard fuel pump can handle 280bhp so depends how much power you want really. As long as it doesn't run lean at top end or it won't last 2 mins.