The who do you insure your car with thread

So a simple idea in order to try and help all the other members get a better deal on their car insurance. Simply list who you are insured with how much it costs, mods declared, mods allowed, ltd mileage etc etc as much info as possible so that people who are renewing their's can hopefully look through the thread and find out which insurance companies are offering good deals on modified/standard vr's :)

Im 25 and with Adrian Flux

fully comp

4 years NCB,

all mod declared (exhaust, coilovers, strut braces)

windscreen cover, key cover, ice cover, drive any other car TPFT as long as it is insured ect.. and lm sure l have forgotten something but cant remember right now.

£750 a year

I insure mine with the NFU Mutual, £35/year to sit in my shed fire and theft only. When I want to take it out for the weekend I up the cover to fully comp and costs me £25 for a week. Suits me but thinking about going for a proper fully comp policy so I can get some no claims built up as I have not had insurance in my own name in 10 years due to company cars. I have no mods declared on that policy by the way...

Im 35, adrian flux £450 tpft unlimited mileage on my mk2 vrt van.

All mods declared plus drive any vehicle with owners consent TP only.

My works fleet policy is through a broker and that covers 6 vans unlimited mileage through aviva its around £2,700/ year but covers any driver over 25.

The 1.9tdi pd130 bora is through adrian flux with sarah (30) and myself fully comp aftermarket wheels and lowered £460 per year..

Adrian flux is the only company who will insure nos btw.. ;)

I'm 37 and insured with markerstudy thru A-Plan.

Fully comprehensive

10,000 miles a year

SDP&commuting

All mods declared

Can drive any car

Euro cover is FC at no extra charge

Value insured at is £18k

7ncb I think

£1000 and prob a few pounds can't remember

Plus all the silly extras like key cover, legal etc

42 :(

Sky Insurance

Fully comp

Standard car... but for business usage and milage also

10+ NCB

Parked everywhere including vandalism and screens and hire cars and......etc...

850ish (which is cheaper than the 1100.26 the previous company wanted as an increase on the previous years.. Also no extra for monthly payments if wanted

sky insurance

6000 miles

modified policy all declared

26 years old

6 years NCD

no points no convictions

£500 on the nose, up from £400 last year (WTF!?) which was with greenlight, their renewal was identical but didn't renew with them as i find if you change every year you always get the new custom bonuses, they're usually better than loyalty bonuses

which now everyone's comparing seems not bad, i went spare when that was the cheapest price!

IS 15 years the minimum to start insuring on classic policies? theyre dirt cheap

....We got insurance with Lloyds tsb...I'm 33,my fella's 40...9 Yrs ncb...£520!!!

You might wanna try them.

Wouldn't even go near Adrian Flux,they messed us about something rottern when we made a claim on our scoob,it's ok for them to take ya monies,but their a nightmare when you want to make a claim !!!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

19 years old --(anyone know of anyone whos younger then me with a 2.8 vr6 highline ? out of interest to compare to ? )

elephant insurance

2 years no claims

fully comp

wheels/coilovers/exhaust not declared)

£1' date='200 (bargain!!)

[/quote']

My cousin had a n reg highline insured when he was 20 for 900 a year, third party, 2 or 3 years no claims.......was about 3 years ago though

Iv got p reg mk3 highline

license held 4 years

zero no claims + accident declared in april (not my fault)

no convictions, points etc

third party fire & theft

8000 miles a year I think

mum & dad (49 & 50) both as named drivers (knocks off loads despite them living at different address)

No mods

Insured by Elephant

£583

I have noticed that some companies will quote a mk3 vr6 but not a mk3 vr6 highline!