This has been done a few times.......on the whole' date=' the consensus seems to be run it on Tesco 99 or Shell Vpower......

Me I'm a cheapskate, it gets what it gets and be done with it......runs fine for me.....

[/quote']

yes defo has try the 'search' function mate :)

This has been done a few times.......on the whole' date=' the consensus seems to be run it on Tesco 99 or Shell Vpower......

Me I'm a cheapskate, it gets what it gets and be done with it......runs fine for me.....

[/quote']

lol same here mate ran both mine on standard unleaded and both were charged cars - put v power in them now and then and never ever noticed any difference so it wasnt worth the extra cost to me ! from then on the only time I put v power in it was in Luxembourg ;)

[/quote']

lol same here mate ran both mine on standard unleaded and both were charged cars - put v power in them now and then and never ever noticed any difference so it wasnt worth the extra cost to me ! from then on the only time I put v power in it was in Luxembourg ;)

True....I put some of the Tesco 99 in, and I never noticed any difference either!!!!!! So it's back to cheap crap(!!!!) for me......lol

After a fashion. Map your car to run on standard fuel' date=' and it'll work with all grades, map it for premium fuel and it'll run better on them but crap on standard fuel........

Best to map for standard, just incase you can't get any premium....you never know

[/quote']

Or carry octane booster in the boot. which a lot of people do.

• 2 months later...

This may help, gained from my experience in mapping ;-)

The cars are std spec then you can run '95 ron fuel with no issue. Running better fuel '97, '99 Ron will improve but not noticeably.

If the car has been mapped to run '99 ron then use '99 only....

Octane boosters are for chavs lol They don't increase performance enough to worry about. You may aswell run '99 fuel. Or get it mapped :-)