Looking to buy an R32 after my VR6 pooped twice in 3 weeks... is the seller dodgy?

I have been arranging to look at an R32, couple of worries have come forward though. In the advert he said he was the second owner but HPI check said he was the third. He explained this as due to the fact the first owner had it for such a little time. Said when I saw the log book etc I would see there was nothing to worry about.

Secondly, he told me today he has £2k owing on the car that he will pay off in front of me the moment I buy it. Interesting he didnt mention any of this before I said I had run an HPI check?

Is this warning sirens, a dead cert walk away.............?

Cheers,

Split

I wouldnt worry about the money owing on it. I did it once. I bought a 330 sport soft top bmw about 5 years ago and ended up getting behind on payments so sold it before they debt collectors came for it. I owed about £10.5k on it but it was worth slightly more. i told the guy that bought it so when he came i rang the finance company, he paid the ten & a half grand and gave me about 700 quid cash. Finance was settled, he had his car, i owed nothing and had 700 quid in my pocket. That was the car i got after selling my green vr6 in the side pic. I paid a chunk with the money from that and got dripped up on the rest.

So, ... i wouldnt worry about the finance if he's gonna settle it while your there. He obviously didnt tell you as this clearly puts potential buyers off.

I did the same a few years back with a Megan Coupe, only difference was I wasn't behind in payments, just got bored of the car, and the guy gave me a cheque payable to the finance company, plus cash my way for the difference.......BUT if your gut feeling is something doesn't feel right, find another car......

Its a mine field out there, the one that came up with HPI owing on it. I checked today and unless he sent a cheque he was talking rubbish!

Saw an R32 yesterday, told the owner I wished to see it from a cold start he said no problem it hadn't been driven since 9:00am. Strange then there was so much heat in the engine bay and the heaters blew hot air the very second I started the car......

Don't mind paying top dollar for the car, just want it to be 100% if I do so.

A finance marker doesn't come off straight away mate. In some cases it takes weeks.

I bought a 106 gti years back with finance outstanding on it. The guy paid it off in front of me over the phone as I'd transfered the money for the car into his account.

When I sold the car 5 months later it was still showing as finance outstanding which caused me no end of hassle because the young kid and his dad who was buying the car thought I was ripping them off.

I do agree with some of the comments telling you to walk away because i would do the same thing; but what you also got to remember is people do have these circumstances and most are genuine apart from the odd few who are out there to con you so as long as all the paperwork adds up then you should be ok.

Appreciate your input there mate, I rang the finance company themselves and they said they still have money due on the car. Figured I would give it one more try towards the end of the week, hopefully allowing any necessary admin to have taken place. If he said he has paid it, I want that proven as true before dealing with him.

I gave up being on that forum 4 years ago when i signed up after buying my 1st 32.. Not a helpfull bunch online and even harder to speak to face to face at events!

With regards to the finance simply offer him the value minus the outstanding balance plus a few hundred quid for the aggro. Then either take the payments on your own back or pay off!

Dont be put off by outstanding finance as long as you confirm settlement with the company.. :)

Yes I noticed that you had posted about your problem too Rod. With same responses lol

And people think this forum can seem clicky lol

what people are those then?!

LOL... you gonna find 'em and deal with 'em H????

LOL life's too short Rod ;) I'll get my minions to do it....

when are you coming to another nwdubs meet?!

Yes I noticed that you had posted about your problem too Rod. With same responses lol

And people think this forum can seem clicky lol

Not a helpfull bunch online and even harder to speak to face to face at events!

lol perfect statements tbh so many other forums/clubs are like this ! far too many attitudes about but at least we don't have that on here :)