• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update time! Larger update tonight. Turbo adapter, t3 to t4. Bolts and exhaust studs. New genuine rubber boot, new number plate lights and new wiper caps. New wiring loom for the standalone, Bo

It's been a while since this was updated. Been working on loads of carbon parts for it. They are obviously not finished yet but you get the idea. Sold the schimmel and the rocker cover. Just didn

I'm backkkk So lots has happened since February Anyway I will let the pictures do the talking lol New paint via JH pro/route 32. First wash from new paint New wheels for it. Test fit Old vs n

Picked these up for a good price along with a matching parcel shelf. Just needs a clean.

2b47ec88.jpg

Mk4 rear calipers

4367f284.jpg

Mk4 front Gti calipers with 288mm mk3 discs. There is no room under those wheels. Very close. About 2-3 mm between the calipers and the wheels weights.

f3835109.jpg

New coilies fitted and adjusted for now.

a7b27d42.jpg

This is how the car now sits at the minute. Not very low yet as it still need jacking up a few times and some work underneath. The exterior of the car makes me sad in this condition.

2aaa62aa.jpg

Been busy.

Polished cap

3f9cd537.jpg

Polished belt tensioner

81486b96.jpg

Here is my mate cutting the front slam panel. This is the second one we cut as its brand new and it's where we are mounting the intercooler.

04e8ef35.jpg

Here you can see the old one that has been cut.

7792b279.jpg

Here is the Bosch 044 fuel pump being mounted.

a1539078.jpg

Here is the front of the rad support that we had too cut off to fit intercooler

ccd18ba9.jpg

More tomorrow hopefully....

Got some more done today.

ad589f72.jpg

Oil cooler mounted. Changed my mind though as with everything on its around 3-4 inches off the floor.

73044bbe.jpg

b782c336.jpg

There is a picture of it with the intercooler. Intercooler is staying there but oil cooler is going to be moved. Not sure where yet but I will have a play tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Here is a picture of the side where it has been smoothed.

ac8898a1.jpg

Thanks.

Got the brake master cylinder in with servo and clutch cylinder. Blanked off ports for the abs unit.

b1e95e38.jpg

Got my old coilpack on too see where I could run all the wires. Got ht leads on. Also coilpack is upside down for a much smoother look.

This is where the oil cooler is going. I had too cut 2 slots in the rad support to get the lines to fit in.

266481bb.jpg

This picture shows intercooler but with oil cooler behind it. You would never even know it was there.

78977644.jpg

This picture shows just how tight it is

b703668b.jpg

Painted this today. Auxiliary water pump. Matt black

dff11be6.jpg

Looks much stealthier there.

9170fb28.jpg

Cheers guy. Payday Friday so boost pipes shall be ordered. And finally get my coilpack of a patient member off here :).

It's a turbonetics turbo with external wastegate. Running near its max so see how long it lasts. Start off with 350 and slowly work it up. Next on the list is some cams. 268 I think.

Wiring was driving me nuts today so made this for my gauges.

d3c90a0b.jpg

Bit of a homemade loom. Includes oil pressure, boost and wideband.

Pushed it out from being storage in its hideaway garage. Haha

fc732060.jpg

Quick snap shot of how the bay is at the minute! Still need a bit of tidying, power steering lines hiding etc and a few wires hidden. But it's getting there. Slowly.

69e477d8.jpg