• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update time! Larger update tonight. Turbo adapter, t3 to t4. Bolts and exhaust studs. New genuine rubber boot, new number plate lights and new wiper caps. New wiring loom for the standalone, Bo

It's been a while since this was updated. Been working on loads of carbon parts for it. They are obviously not finished yet but you get the idea. Sold the schimmel and the rocker cover. Just didn

I'm backkkk So lots has happened since February Anyway I will let the pictures do the talking lol New paint via JH pro/route 32. First wash from new paint New wheels for it. Test fit Old vs n

Final finished the paint. Not happy with it but never will be and I'm getting bored of walking so decided too crack on.

c9b24709.jpg

cb2459ea.jpg

0624fb6c.jpg

721fda01.jpg

An average amount of negative camber :)

ea51fcdc.jpg

Adjustable fpr mounted.

18b527a3.jpg

Also got the gear linkages hooked up. Power steering pipes all Hooked up. Got to get the gauges working. Wire it all up. Get a new battery. And couple of other things. Need an exhaust too as its just a decat pipe at the minute and the mot man might not like that lol

• 2 weeks later...

Been mocking up all the boost pipes today. Wiring all figured out. Going in tomorrow. Lambda sensor going to tomorrow with wideband. So are the gauges. Not sure where to mount them. Everything will be ready for Thursday when I get the exhaust off Helen and then it should be mot time. Cutting up the front bumper bar tomorrow too to mount the intercooler too.

I am also having a problem with brake master cylinder and servos.

190246c0.jpg

Should not be this slanted! Lol

Got the intake pipe on today too. With maf etc.

4864da35.jpg

More updates tomorrow eve.

Ah ok. Thank you. Will change the servo!

Today got most of the engine loom done. Had to modify it a little bit, the headlight loom etc. also had to take out the fan module. Didn't get to mount the intercooler as the roof started leaking.

As jake predicted I am going to have to run slim line fans. But due to the sp intake being huge, I'm goin to mount them on the front to blow air into it.

Today also sorted out rear offside door as was playing up. And fitted the drivers seat properly. Still doesn't slide backwads though :S

Today there was lots of drawing, marking out and measuring. Figured out where oil cooler and intercooler is being mounted.

Been grinding away at the big bumper bar to make space for the intercooler. Need to cut a little more away to get enough clearance for it.

Will take some more pictures tomorrow.

Also exhaust is getting dropped off by Helen tomorrow afternoon.

Wiring loom is modded to be hides and ready to go in. Shall be in on Friday.

More updates tomorrow.

Today new coilovers order. Wietec ones. Also new top mounts ordered. Looking at some sparco fixed bucket seats but unsure as I might go for recliners... It's only going to be an everyday car until my mate turbos his hybusa Westfield. Then it will be an all out track monster..

• 2 weeks later...

Been slacking a bit these past two weeks. Been mocking up the boost pipes as its pretty short for space due to the short runner. New coilovers arrived too with new top mounts. Also having some trouble fitting the intercooler as its pretty big. And with the corrado rad it's a bit of a squeeze again. Will get back on it this week.

List of things to do:

-fit intercooler

-fit boost pipes

-fit gauges inside

-fit braided fuel lines

-mount Bosch 044 inline pump

-fit exhaust

-fit radiator and inline filler neck

-tidy up wiring inside car

-fit brake servo and master cylinder

-connect brake lines to cylinder

-wire up headlights

-paint rusty bits on exterior

-fit front bumper.

Keep me busy for a while :)

Ok so I did a little this evening. The term one step forwards two steps back come to mind right about now! My ht leads arrived and thought I would fit them. Removing the old ones then this happened....

cd9865c1.jpg

And then this ..... Same lead!

645ef3d0.jpg

Then this end was stuck...

86fea27e.jpg

On the right is what it should look like.....

74054997.jpg

On the left is what it should look like...

82f3e4c8.jpg

After 20 minutes off pulling and prying this happened and it pulled out the coilpack terminal. So coilpack is now broken too! :(

On the plus side I got some of my many many grommets in. Looks a bit better :)

If anyone has a spare coilpack send it my way please!!

Today did a bit more,

It looked like this at the start of the day

daeb630f.jpg

Notice the welded patch on the intake. Looks terrible!

Took off the manifold, belt tensioner, alternator, and a couple of brackets. Cleaned up a few things. All these items will be going to the Powdercoaters this week. The intake manifold has been drilled and then patched over so is going to local place to be fixed then coated.

269cf8ca.jpg

Better pic of the manifold.

Here is a pic is the hole from the inside.

12796e22.jpg

More updates once all been fixed etc.

Got the manifold back yesterday. Looks much better.

4957afb2.jpg

Then after sanding out most of the imperfections in it as it was a bit battered It is now ready to be taken to Powdercoaters today.

Also started polishing up a few things. Not finished yet but getting there.

24eabd81.jpg

Also started on the alternator and a few other bits.

As it was a nice day we got the coilovers fitted which was a pain in the back side but it's pretty much done. Will upload pictures later on once fitted properly....