Got tyres fitted today...yokohama AD08's, not cheap at 150quid a corner but I like to try different tyres. Link to a picture of the tyres http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f/30412765/1010phr_23_o+1975_laguna_project_car+yokohama_advan_neova_ad08.jpg

Anyway, wheels are on, and need to remove the stilts! Didn't sit as high as what I thought it would on standard suspension but still needs dropping asap!

20130529_192912.jpg

Want to have it lowered before the RR day.

Picked up some cleaning products this morning. Clayed the car for the first time with meguiars clay bar and quick detailer then gave it the dodo juice purple haze treatment for wax and even managed to give the engine bay a once over.

Very happy with the finish although it does highlight areas down the sides of the car where the paint has been touched up

previously which is bugging me a bit.

20130602_125359.jpg

20130602_145853.jpg

• 1 month later...

This car has now been sold to my housemate..so at least I still get to see and enjoy it. I couldn't justify spending any more money on this car as I struggled to see any returns come from it.

Maybe if it was an R32 things might have been different. Anyway...moved onto Jap crap and got myself this. It's got the 300bhp prodrive pack 0-60 about 4.5 seconds, Brembo's all round and you can change the split of the power between front and rear wheels. Seems like a good platform to start with. Looking at buying an old 95 Passat estate off a friend in a couple months as a Daily driver and got loads of my mk3 vr parts left in the garage so an engine conversion could well be on the cards a few months down the line. If I don't conver that then would love a mk2 or raddo vr at some point so we will see ;-)

20130707_112010.jpg