Putting in leather heated seats

I've got a set of the grey/cream coloured heated leather seats than I'm replacing my standard seats with. I have all of the loom with the switches etc, and all the multi colour plus for up behind the dash.

All I want to know is, are the big coloured blocks right up in the dash in every single car? It's the bit with all the coloured plugs on for the heated seat loom, as well as the brown round connector for the earth plugs if that makes any sense?

Also will I need to put any fuses or relays in the fuse board to get the heated seats working?

cheers mate, Hope I don't have to add any fuses or relays.. I saw from the chaps car with his dash off where the plug was. Pretty far up behind the dash above fuse board more or less.

Just wondered if thats all powered up and just plugs in or I've got to power it up by adding fuses etc

• 3 weeks later...

It's all in now mate.. there's some pictures in the members projects section.. I have replaced the whole carpet etc so ran the loom down the correct path and into the seats.

They all work fine and i never realised the back rests go warm too! shame my batterys a but dodgy and having seats, rear window and light on this morning meant it wouldn't start after work today lol

How long do they take to heat up, until you feel the heat in your back ? did you also install the potentiometer knobs ? I have mine from the factory and I can choose 5 levels of heat on the knobs, but it seems only the driver seat is working and it takes a long time to heat up.

I don't know how seat heating works but is it possible for the heater to get "lazy" in time and take longer to heat up the seat ?

thanks.

Is agree around 5 minutes to warm, 10 minutes to unbearably hot! Also I thought my passenger side wasn't working at first, was stone cold for a 10min drive which my seat got very hot, and not sure how true this is, but it didnt get hot unless your sit in them. Is there a seat occupancy sensor in them?