hi all

ive recently bought my first vw and its a 2003 4mo it has a few niggles with it which i dont kno if are ment to be as they are? :/

1. the gear change from first to second is slightley jerky/clunky

could this be a linkage??

2. on low revs wen out of gear the engine sounds as if its "missing" from idle to about 2500 revs?

is this normal due to it being v6? its ever so slight but i can hear a rumble

hi all

ive recently bought my first vw and its a 2003 4mo it has a few niggles with it which i dont kno if are ment to be as they are? :/

1. the gear change from first to second is slightley jerky/clunky

could this be a linkage??

2. on low revs wen out of gear the engine sounds as if its "missing" from idle to about 2500 revs?

is this normal due to it being v6? its ever so slight but i can hear a rumble

1. The gearchange should be smooth and unlikely to be the linkage although it is worth checking and can be re-zero'd. Check your engine mounts and the rear bushes in the wishbones as these are the lateral ones and may be knackered.

2. There should be no missing at all and it may be one of your coilpacks or leads. What engine and mileage have you got?

Mine used to be a little "crunchie"! from 1st to second when cold, All sorted with a gearbox oil change.

The coils on these are rubbish, I would put a bet on it that its the coil. The management system wont turn the check light on until it gets really bad but there will be a code logged for missfire. Try not to leave for too long as it can damage the cat when missfiring.

hope this helps