So the standard 4motion is set-up for understeer which is the "safe" general public going to the shops setting but I'd like something that has over-steer dialed in from the start. I've looked at a few options but has anyone got any product recommendations or experience. I'm especially interested in diameters and settings relative between front and rear.

If you want oversteer carictaristics the rear anti roll bar needs to be larger then the front. I'm looking at a 25mm rear bar with 22mm front. Think they are h&r off the top of my head. Had a h&r rear anti roll bar on the mk3 and transformed the car. Did have lift of oversteer but was quite pradictable.

interesting.. Just for the record can you explain to the likes of me what is understeer and how it effects the car?

plus

explain oversteer and why it would be beneficial to your requirements???

Mass produced cars all have understeer adjusted into them as this is the safest condition to be in. ie, you are speeding into a corner and the front wheels turn but the car doesn't turn at the same rate making you run wide and slow down. Everything is recoverable and off you go having just had a brown trouser moment. The only time this is really bad is when you "throw" the car into a corner at ridiculous speed and it will not go round and puts you into a hedge. That is understeer...

Limited production and tuned cars look for a more over steer characteristic where you can position a car into a corner and with use of the throttle get more direction than steering alone, ie the back end kicks out. Whay you don't ant though is for the car to do this with no warning meaning you spin and put it into a hedge. That would be oversteer.

If you want oversteer carictaristics the rear anti roll bar needs to be larger then the front. I'm looking at a 25mm rear bar with 22mm front. Think they are h&r off the top of my head. Had a h&r rear anti roll bar on the mk3 and transformed the car. Did have lift of oversteer but was quite pradictable.

I don't think that would work as a setup but I may be wrong. Too unpredictable..

Have a look on the American forums as there's a lot of information on them about anti roll bars. I left my mk3 with a standard front antiroll bar and uprated rear can't remember the size think it was 22mm. There's a lot of info on rally forums also as they change antiroll bars according to track camber and grip.

Have a look on the American forums as there's a lot of information on them about anti roll bars. I left my mk3 with a standard front antiroll bar and uprated rear can't remember the size think it was 22mm. There's a lot of info on rally forums also as they change antiroll bars according to track camber and grip.

Stick a link up mate to save me time searching...

Aah thanks folks.. I understand now!

I can relate to a previous car which particularly responded well to being and the oversteer was just so that i could balance it with acceleration through corners..?!?

That's exactly what you want....

Aah thanks folks.. I understand now!

I can relate to a previous car which particularly responded well to being and the oversteer was just so that i could balance it with acceleration through corners..?!?

That's exactly what you want....

see I know what im doing, just not what im saying... ;) lol

I read the information on that link Adam which was very informative. Bit confusing though because it contradicts what I've read elsewhere although it does specifically use a mkiv as an example. mmm need some more reading I think....

Yea bit of a confusing subject really. But general idea is the larger the the bar at the front the more understeer and the larger the bar at the rear the more oversteer. Its just finding that happy medium without the car being in a ditch.