hi folks. im trying to cure a low speed low rev,hesitation on my 12v vr6 obd2 which happens from under 1000-just below 2000rpm when going slow thru towns etc,

anyway after reading a bit on here and other forums of people with similar issues ive decided to get some parts and try and solve this, i have the 1.8t iat sensor which some recomend,a new coolant temp sender,a good maf and ive recently done the leads and plugs with good ones,(not touched coil pack yet) im trying to get a cam position sensor but cant for the life of me seem to find one,all referance online to sensors on the mk3 2.8 come up with only crank pulse sensor or flywheel pulse sensor even on ebay and gsf it seems theres nothing listed as cam sensor for the mk3s there is one for the mk4 engines but the only ones ive seem so far are for vr6 1997 and on- which seems as if its for the 24v, can anyone help and tell me if my engine does actualy have a cam sensor and possibly give a gsf or vw part number if you have bought one before. thanks in advance

big thanks to pearsy for hooking me up with the correct cam sensor. Hopefully this and the other sensors will solve my hesitation problems. I also got the car with a schrick mani on it im not sure if its working correctly or not and in the history theres a mention of a 'chip' causing a problem and some garage recomended replacing or removing it i dunno what the outcome was. could the schrick have developed a fault and is it easy to check this? and if the chip/mapping done for the schrick is now removed/malfunctioning could this cause hesitation issues? cheers

ive had some codes read off and it read 00533 idle air control- and 00553 maf short to ground. after having replaced the maf with a decent one (this code comes up with the old one too)

00533 dissapears after erasing but 00553 keeps coming up.

Any ideas folks? could it be wiring related since its faulting with both mafs?

• 7 years later...

Im having the same issue any fixes?

ive had some codes read off and it read 00533 idle air control- and 00553 maf short to ground. after having replaced the maf with a decent one (this code comes up with the old one too)
00533 dissapears after erasing but 00553 keeps coming up.
Any ideas folks? could it be wiring related since its faulting with both mafs?