My Corrado. going 24v!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys, so far idd say it wasnt difficult but it did take me awhile to get the down pipe how i wanted it, i thought it was gona be easy but the space you got to work with is tight! but then again you guys could always buy the conversion down pipe but then you would still need to sort the DBW pedal out with chopping and welding so as long as you can cover that you should be fine, electric wise yea it was a nightmare as before last saturday i had never even removed a fusebox plug before! let alone find a fault in a conversion loom , so im not exactly experianced with electrics but im willing to learn and now iv got a prety damn good understanding of how it all works,

so its all good!, if you do go 24v appaerantley the BDE is the better one to go for it has individual coils and VVT not sure if the other versions have vvt or not? but you can easily buy AUE {coilpack version} full engine looms and ecu for under £100.00 where as BDE is harder to get, if you want someone to do your loom then Rub jonny is your man , pm me if you want his email and ill pass the info to you, cheers

it does lagg there but its running like crap right now so its probably not helping matters, probably down to a vac leak or the throttle body ?

dont know yet havnet looked into it just getting the wireing back in properly but might need to pull it back out again to sort out the coolant temp sender to dash wireing, arghhhh

thought idd update, still no luck on why its running like crap! and im getting rather p1553d off now as i shouldnt have to be dealing with these electrical problems! although found a wire from the lambdas and the maf which should according to the wireing diagrams be going to E30/E7 but instead ended in a bundle of glue,

DSCF0157.jpg

i was informed to hook it up to the G plug {cant remember which pin } realy thought that would solve my problem , Although the faults for lambda and maf are now gone and a new fault code has appeared so iv swaped 3 faults for 1 , getting there slowly but surely !!!

new fault

17925-main relay (J271) electrical malfunction P1517-004- no signal/communication

cheers, well getting some where, according to the ecu the engine temp is at 80 degress! lol thats not right, so atleast thats a starting point for more fault finding..

arghhh! just got to stick with it, the initial start up is silky smooth though after that its absolute Bol-X

as p1553d as i am about this, im not one to name and shame , it was his first 24v loom, and i should of waited for rub jonny to do it in the first place as hes done a few 24v looms, luckliy johns helping me through this nightmare! hes told me how to remove the 17925 fault so going to do that inabit and then scan it without the temp sender to see if theres a differance, wireing to the temp sender is good,

na man , its all mk4 stuff, well iv replaced the temp sender from one from my a3 to test and yep the old one is faulty, its now reading the correct temp on the ecu, it runs a little better but still not 100% after the intial rev it will cut out if you dont open the throttle for a few seconds, after that it will idle by itself but doesnt sound smooth, i think its possibly a coil fault, but wouldnt that already be logged? or do you need to take the engine past say 4k revs ? i havnet driven it as i want the wireing to be spot on before i put back the master cylinder and brake servo + bleed brakes. also i think the reason it threw up the fault 17925 was because i had relay 32 in place of 109 as i have now removed the loom and checked the relevant wire pin 23 to G1/07 and its all good, So i think next step is to refit and use relay 109 and scan the bugger! arghhh!!

ah thats what its for!! there isnt a valve or anything thats supposed to be here is there? i tryed looking on etka but couldnt see anything,

yea thats been connected up, ill keep hunting for airleaks but im certain iv capped the unsed ones off, we got one small rubber hose comming from the selonoid thats capped off next to the inlet manifold selonoid ,

also capped off the tee connection on the oil breather pipe, and the ones on the back of the inlet manifold,

realy cant see anymore..

DSC00051.jpg

woo!! yep united M You were right , vac leak! wasnt my fault realy but

basicly i had hooked the vac pipe up to the brake servo correctley but i didnt know that without the master cylinder bolted up to it the vacum would just be open! . relay 32 instead of 109 was causeing that fault 17925 and it now idles and revs like an absolute beast!! and no fault codes are logged so happy :)

but unfortunatley need to fork out £200 for a new rad as its had a nasty repair job and is now leaking! cant win em all!

made a plate for my new vdo gauges useing the old tape cassette holder as a template..

DSC00892.jpg

trimmed it in faux black lether..

DSCF0163.jpg

rather pleased with myself :)

DSCF0169.jpg

then found a large amount of cash hidden under the carpet!! {I blady wish!!}

DSC00009.jpg

cheers pete, iv already brought one for £150 inc delivery :(

from tame side radiators on ebay hope it fits, im just too impatient when it comes to needing something, althought i was so tempted to get one of these! although im not waiting X amount of weeks for a rad from china!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINNER-HI-PERF-ALUMINUM-ALLOY-RADIATOR-VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-VR6-2-9L-M-T-1991-1995-/120766197453?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item1c1e39eecd

Just use the bundles of drug money' date=' problem solved lol

[/quote']

hehe ;) , shame its not even my moneys, i happend to walk into the office at that exact time it was being counted out and thought it would make a nice pic , we all love moneys :)

well got my new rad fitted and managed to take it for a quick drive today just down the road and back, WOW! its a completly different car! so nice to drive, the power delivery is almost instant! and doesnt sound like im screaming the crap out of it to get anything in return, LOVE IT! and this is only the 2.8 BDE so i can only imagine what the 3.2 is like;) , it sounds sooo good aswell!