My Corrado. going 24v!

thanks ash :)

yea exaclty the same paint i used on the door is on the inlet aswell,

i keyed it up good and its a fairly solid plastic with no flex , it was already painted by the factory so it already had some sort of plastic adhesion promoter so im not worried about it failing it should hold up good,

just cant wait to get my loom back!!

heres the stuff, these guys are awesome!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280620898259?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

started drivers side the other day , heres some pics,

old shoddy n dodgey!

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00853.jpg

getting it sqaure

DSC00854.jpg

cut on the inside lines!

DSC00855.jpg

then you get the mechanism working ! far easier then when its all welded up, the space is very limited!

DSC00857.jpg

me to luke :)

hopefully should have the door back on by late sunday or monday,

right now just wetsanding all the dust nibs out ,

start with 1500 then work up to 2500 then buff up to gloss,

takes me ages :(

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

photos look flawless but doesnt pick up the dust nibs which will sand out and absolute treat..

• 2 weeks later...

well finnaly got my drivers door fitted the other day, realy happy with it its almost perfect!, ran into 2 hold ups,

first hold up was i sanded through the clear coat as i was trying to remove an imperfection, so had to completley scuff the whole door, re base that area and re clear the door, second hold up , after i closed the door a few times ,my diy tapered stud {the one with the nut welded on top } popped off the latch ,so i had to remove it {strip door back down} and add abit more of a taper ,after 30 harsh slams i can safely say the stud aint going anywhere ;) {pics to come}

on to the remote central locking which a m8 is helping with the wireing .

no need for a locksmith.

DSC00883.jpg

DSC00885.jpg

after abit of cutting and fileing its time to swap blades, ;)

DSC00886.jpg

hopefully its not raining tomo, dieing to go for a drive :)

DSC00887.jpg

cheers,

im prety chuffed with the way it turned out, finnaly got the remote central locking wired in, lol im still nervous about locking the car just incase it doesnt open! as i still need to re tumble the boot lid key to match my ignition and for some reason none of my keys fit the boot lid lock!, but it locks n unlocks everytime!

also brought a new battery the otherday , as mine is god knows how old,

has made a massive improvment in the way it starts up!

started makeing a vdo gauge surround,

DSC00892.jpg

i have the original casstte holder so i removed it and used its surround to cut out a template on the old mk2 golf bonnet i got for spares.

gona either satin black it or trim it in faux black leather, still waiting on the engine wireing loom for the conversion :(

• 2 months later...

finnaly after months of waiting the posty dropped off this,

so stoked! , iv still got to make a few live and ign live connections and make cut/add wire to certain lengths depending on how its routed so its not plug n play but all the plugs should be in the right place which is the main thing.

DSCF0073-1.jpg

useing my old clutch and flywheel along with new flywheel and pressure plate bolts

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

got the clutch fitted and swapped over the 12v pas pump,

and fitted the new aux belt,

DSCF0079.jpg

gearbox was/is so filthy!! gona finish cleaning that up,

DSCF0076.jpg

cheers, damn right! although as sick and wierd as this sounds im more looking forward to getting this wireing in and fitted and routed how it needs to be , its like a monkey thats on my back! just want it off now!, also its a wierd feeling, seeing the bay like that with no engine, i now have access to all those areas i wanted to tidey up before but i realy cant justify spending the amount of time it needs , im deffo gona remove some of the rust on the sub frame and replace a kinked front hard brake line and the flexys, and the arb bush's also gona cavity wax the parts of the bay that get affected by water, wont be long until it fires up , just hope i dont have any wireing problems thats beyond my capabilities

cracked on today, didnt get as much as i hoped done but still progress none the less :)

renewed the front brake hard lines, thought that was going to be easy but nope! i had to cut through the brake fitting in the arch, as they were just a rusted mess!

need to order another brake hose and 2 banjo bolts for them , anyone know what size they are? , got the copper hard lines fitted up to the arch's and ones capped off

ready for a flexy, so i best not forget about the brakes!

searching through a box of bits that iv slowly gathered over last year with the intention of fitting i came across a gearbox out put flange seal,

strange why there was only 1, so i fitted that to what i thought would be the hardest side,

pressed off fairly easy , although it wouldnt budge when i tryed to pry it off with a jack bar,

DSCF0080.jpg

as it happens idd say this was the worst side any way ,

DSCF0081.jpg

fitted the box & thermo houseing, removed the old mk4 header tank pipes & modified the front mount,

DSCF0082.jpg

& fitted the rear mount, think tomo it should be sat in place for a look at the down pipe or i may fit new arb bushs!

DSCF0083.jpg

got the engine sat in place yesterday and made a start on the ball ache that is the down pipe! , wouldnt be as bad if i had fresh tube and a pipe bender to work with but all my bends and tube are comming from both the 24v DP and the 12v DP cut up in bits!!,

heres both DP'S side by side,

DSCF0084.jpg

so to make a start i cut the 12v down to get me into the bay,

DSCF0085.jpg

and propped up the exhaust from the underside makeing sure its all centered and exactley where it needs to be,

DSCF0089.jpg

at this stage the engine literaly threw itself in! god bless concrete floors!

DSCF0091.jpg

and heres the gap i need to fill,

DSCF0092.jpg

need some 45 bends so just cut them out from the 12v and 24v dp's

DSCF0094.jpg

then try and get everything aligned properly and roughly tacked up,

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

one side ready for welding up to the flexy flange,

DSCF0099.jpg

welded bth sides as much as i can for now as i ran out of gas!! the big hole is where i cut out the lambda Boss as they need to be repositioned once everythings welded up, its just a case of drilling 15mm holes and then welding the two boss's in where i see fit,

DSCF0106.jpg

down pipe done, cant say it was easy,

total cost of just over £50.00

24v down pipe on ebay which nobody bid on £22.00 inc postage!

mig gas x2 = £36.00

but atleast i could say " built not brought!" if i ever wanted to .

DSCF0110.jpg

DSCF0111.jpg

brought some heat wrap for the dp aswell,

now on to the fun stuff!....

DSCF0115.jpg

organised mess!

took me a few days to organise the loom to where it needs to be,

DSCF0119.jpg

the bracket for the throttle pedal,

DSCF0125.jpg

welded studs in from behind, for some reason they look rather drunk in this pic,

DSCF0130.jpg

heres the gap that needs to be made up to suit, basicly a huge offset to bring to the right and up.from what iv heard about the dbw pedals is there prety sensitive so in thoery with this one being made longer it should calm it down abit.

DSCF0131.jpg

with a bit of cutting abit of rod and some smoothing and its looking rather good,

DSCF0133.jpg

DSCF0135.jpg

been hunting down an electrical gremlin that was causeing my car not to start , the culprit was pin 21 which was just left bare with the rest of the un used wires,

DSCF0149.jpg

this was the reason i found the fault! so thanks to ever posted this up!

VAG_ME7_x.jpg

runs a little lumpy, possibly a vac leak , dunno just happy its running.

little video

th_Shestarts.jpg