Runs better with Shell V-Power

I think it helps in that it makes your wallet lighter so less weight to pull along!!!!!!!!!!

I tried it, and Personally I didn't notice a difference, but then I don't think that you would notice on the road. Maybe on a track or strip where you are giving it the beans, or a dyno. But personally I think it's not all it's cracked up to be, jus a gimmick to make you pay more for your petrol in hard times!!!!!!!! call me a synnic, but how much money did shell make last year!!!!!!

I MOSTLY use tesco's fuel, but the normal stuff in both my VR and my A4 tdi oh and in my Bus and my motorbike (but I don't ride it that much anymore!!!) and have never had any issues......... I think you have to be VERY unlucky to fall foul of something happening as a result of using supermarket fuel.......

Tesco's 99 is one of the best fuels available was a review of all the fuels online somewhere.

Yes there is, and it did come out above shell VPOWER. Wasn't it done by Which or Auto Car? I know it was a big name that did the survey.

But what are your thoughts on it in an everyday car?

being a vpower card holder' date=' points now make f*ck all, didnt even get a money off voucher this time grrr

[/quote']

That is interesting mate as the lady offered me a Shell points card the other day, well I say offered she gave it to me and I have it here.....I have to register it. So as in points wise Tesco would be much better due to the Clubcard. May have to see if my car is happy with Tesco's 99ron fuel as I shop at Tesco's so any points would come in very handy.....Its just this 'Supermarket fuel' thing that bothers me.

It defo makes a difference on my car, when the revs go over 3500 it pulls like mad, but with the cheap stuff, it sort of runs out of steam at 3500 and you can't feel it pulling that much. I would say if your just driving around normal, use the cheap stuff.

Tesco fuel, not V power

Tesco 99 is not cheap supermarket fuel and is not made in the same place as there standard fuel or diesel. Have a read and you will find its made somewhere completly diffrent.

by cheap stuff, i was talking about standard tesco fuel against tesco 99

Also the engine runs much more smoother with T99

• 3 weeks later...

Unless you are mapping any car for increase in octane rating you will not see the true benefit for paying the extra dollar. Tesco 99 is a blended fuel using bio ethanol to produce a 99ron rating. V power is not a blended fuel, it us is mainly pure petrol with 99 octane rating. Both fuels contain cleaning additives to remove carbon deposits etc. I've used 105 Ron race fuel on my Scooby before, the difference is noticeable. Using high octane rated fuel on an N/a will give less appreciable gain than with charged or turbo setup. I gained an extra 15bhp on my scoob track car from running v power over standard 95 Ron fuel.

even more power and more importantly torque can be had from those running chargers and turbo's by using other chemical additives as long as they are mapped correctly for them.