Cabrio project - VR6 3.5 street built

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALSO GOIN UP TO GET THIS AT THE HALLOWEEN WEEKEND.......

lovery donar car!!

199763_1629886391800_1375807258_31361338_27221_n.jpg

comes with.....

121,000 miles, full service history, v-max coilovers, 16'' bbs rx replica alloys, deep chin splitter, pipercross filter, full powerflow exhaust with de-cat (cat included) made 184bhp on the rolling road (with the cat, must be top 180's now) runs and drives brilliantly, just put brand new drilled front disks on the front (done 0 miles!) new brembo rears to be fitted

happy happy

cracked right on with it today.... everything ready to drop the engine outta the cab.... i snapped a sub frame bolt tho - thats gonna be a royal pain in the arse!!!!!

so heres how it all started this morning.... "welcome to the dub show"

IMG-20111102-00435.jpg

so then, i cracked on and removed the rad, PAS pipes, water pipes, gear linkage, engine loom plug, exhaust manifold, brake lines, suspension top mount strurts, steering rack U clamps....

then i set about undoing the sub frame bolts 2 x 13mm 2 x 19mm and 2 x 16mm then i undoe the 18mm ones on the trail arms - one snapped!!!!! HEADACKE MOMENT!!!!!

then i undone the front pannel shoved that outta the way and then got rid of the front member....

and heres some ranom pics....

engine....

IMG-20111102-00436.jpg

IMG-20111102-00437.jpg

this is the old gearbox outta the cab.... i'd say i have a problem....

IMG-20111102-00442.jpg

PAS pipes removed...

IMG-20111102-00440.jpg

exhaust and gear linkage done....

IMG-20111102-00439.jpg

And this is what it's all about....

IMG-20111102-00438.jpg

VR6 baby!!!

Just below the uj as it goes into the bulkhead there is a connecting bar (2 10mm nuts) then push the other side out then the rack side will pull out of the column.

The pas pump is on the engine but as your takeing it out from the subframe the rack & pipes will stay in the same place. It will come out in 1 part

I forgot you where having a vento front in that case the vr headlight loom will be plug and play

One the rack above the red white arrow there is a big rubber (bulkhead to the rack) pull that off and inside you will see the 2 nuts I said about that's all you need to take off

ahhh this isn't my mototr... i borrowed it of a guy on the forum and added the arrows just to reassure myself.....

ideal, so no need to "faff" around with the wiring so i can go ahead and take the whole headlight loom and engine loom out!!!

good it's so much easier having a donar car

cheers mate your a ledge!