Do I Need The Airflow Meter?

Prob a newbie question but just wondering.

Got a Ramair kit and fitting at the moment but if I put in the AFM, the end of the cone is pretty much right up to the back of the light fitting with no room for the ducting to go in.

On the ducting front, how the hell do you get it down to behind the grill without hitting the belt/chain thing? As far as I can see there is no room for it

Any thoughts?

It has done 190k, tho the engine only 20k lol

Well its a cold air fed unit so the ducting has still to go on but there is literally an inch between the end of the unit and the back of the light fitting.

However in the instructions pics there seems to be enough room, but there is no light fitting that I can see

Just by looking at the pic, why is there a silicone hose going from the air flow meter to the intake pipe with the crinkles in? Can't you remove that and fix the plastic crinkled pipe straight to the air flow meter, as the standard intake is fitted? By the looks of the pic that should should free up an inch or 2?

will take another look later after work but pretty sure its one unit although what you describe is what it is like in the instructions supplied, but like i say it looks like one complete unit from what i can see

although its not a silicon hose, its kinda solid, like plastic or some kinda composite, its certainly not bendable anyway

right, didnt get much help back from ramair guys, tho given using the entire kit the way the instructions say then it isnt going to fit in.

there is a metal/aluminium fitting that attaches to a bracket that goes against the suspension turret in order to support the filter unit, if i bypass this then it fits with a couple of inches for ducting which i can live with, however will need to find another way of supporting filters weight, however when going into the air intake pipe (assuming this is the pipe which the afm goes into) i stuck my finger up there and got oil.

is there supposed to be oil in there, theres not much but just wondering if its normal?

right, canister off, black pipe blocked, clear into wing, now wondering where the end of the ducting should go at the front of the car?

there is nowhere to put it where it gets 100% of the air str8 into it. i can fix it so that half of it is showing from under the front spoiler but thats the best i can do for str8 in air. i wouldnt assume that you should fit it so that it doesnt get str8 in air

is half visibility good enough? there is no room behind air vent and the radiator takes up the space in the middle part of spoiler

but to be honest, while i am typing this i am remembering its not the standard spoiler, assuming handy work needed dammit

woohoo, job done, pic attached of final end result, spoke to ramair guys who said it doesnt have to necessarily be point out at 90 degrees so its cable tied underneath at practically 45 degrees

quick one tho, does it make any difference to sound of exhaust? ran it for 10 mins and revd it to just under 3k and it sounded like a scooby lol, it already has a 2.5in ss cat back system

finished.jpg