V6 4motion to keep or not to keep?

hi there names TOMO and i've had my 4motion for just under a year now and im not sure weather to keep it or sell it, it needs 4 new shocks and in my eyes all the bushes doing but not sure if its worth spending the money on it?

its a 3 door Yreg(51) in silver 115k fsh on the clock,full leather,climate control total standard and only 3 owners previous only paid 1500 and not sure if i should throw money at it everything works starts first turn of the key but just not sure do i trade in for a mk5 gti or keep

need some help to make my mind up so thoughts would be helpful*-)

Depends, if you get good money for it in part ex then I would say its worth it. The Mk5 2.0 TFSI lump is pretty fantastic, although only 4 cylinders it packs a good punch. But the 6 cyl is always going to sound and perform better in terms of straight line speed (lets not bring the whole vr6 weighs too much and unbalances the car argument in because its negligible at best) regarding the amount of money you spend, New GTI = 12k? spend a third of that on you 4mo and supercharge it, sort the shocks with some premium dampers and you would have a sweet ride.

i know what your saying about the V6 note it's sweet and would be awesome with a supersprint S/S and a decent set of dampers no coilovers dont want the rock hard ride and a full set of superpro bushes and then that has to lead to a set of 17's and so ands so forth and i've just spent 1500+ or do i save that and get rid of the 4mo?

any ideas roughly what it'd be worth????????????grr getting stressed about this

Keep it dude, wanting to trade in a V6 for a 4 cylinder GTI tut tut tut ;) lol

Get a S/S system, filter and some coilovers (if you pick them right they wont be rock hard, mine aren’t and Bungy's are sweet!) and l hear antiroll bars are go for the upgrade, along with a Haldex controller, then go FI when ready and you will be well away :)

I have nothing against the GTI l just prefer the 4mo lol

right then i've made my mind up and i'm going to keep the 4 motion, so while im doing the work i'll post pics of the woes of fixing it, will be fitting superpro bushes front and rear but undecided on susphension? any good units about please advise as would rather fit tried and tested on your rides any comments are useful from you guys? and the exhaust can wait a while not unless 1 comes up cheap????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi there thanks for all the input to my problem but the making better of my car is put on the back boiler for a while due to snapping my thumb in half and cant do no work on the motor until next year probaly but as and when i'll post up some pics along the way when im back on the case

at work and out of stupidity i tried to stop a 1.5tn piece of steel falling and break the machine but in the process got thumb trapped between ram and steel thus snapping my thumb in half,still got all my thumb but not sure if it works though!!!!

TOP TIP PEOPLE DONT CATCH BIG LUMPS OF METAL IT FOOKIN HURTS