Park the car on the drive all cool came back out an hour later started her up and she sounded like an old tractor and vibrating like hell. Have driven it a few times since to look for symtems, they are she uses loads of fuel,smells really hot but temp reading is normal, masive loss of power and lots of vibration.

The engine doesn't apear to be missing on any of the cylinders and the rev counter neddle sits dead steady when idling.

Put a VAG106 on her this morning and got 2 fault found: 1. 00533 - Idle speed regulation

14-00 Adaptation limit Exceeded

2. 00533 - Mass air flow sensor(G70)

31-10 Open or short to ground -

intermittent

Can anyone tell me if this is a commen fault and if the first fault (idle speed) is a result of the second fault the (MAF sensor) being faulty?

yep i think i got that too, tried to clean my old MAF and broke one of the fins inside, very fragile. Buy a new one and call it a day, or try to clean it...carefully.

And I'm also curious about the "smelling really hot but temp reading normal". Mine is also giving some hot odours after i drive it for a while, but other than that everything is fine, is this normal ?