Ive done a search and cant seem to find the problem Im having.

At the weekend I converted my lowly little Mk3 GTI 8v into a proper car......... a VR6

LOVE IT

However, when running, the car drips oil constantly, the drip is from the bottom of the P/S pump. I've cleaned everywhere under the car and left it stood and there is no leak but within a few seconds of starting the car it starts to drip again.

There are no visible leaks from the Oil filter housing, any of the pressure/temp sensors or the oil cooler.

As you look at the front of the engine, I think its coming from somewhere behind where the A/C pump would sit and running down the back of the P/S pump

I am going to strip the front end of the car off this weekend and investigate further but thought I would post to see if anyone has had a similar thing or if you could shine some light on it.

Cheers.

Ben.

Thing is, it didn't leak in the original car but after the transplant started leaking, Ive changed the Aux belt because I removed the A/C but that all Ive done in that kind of area.

Like I say, Im gonna strip the front end down and see what I can see.

Cheers Steve.

Ben.

Ok, quick update, after a lot of dismantling, prodding, poking and cleaning I have found my oil leak. its the oil galley plug just to the left of the crank pulley, under the coolant pump pulley

IMG_0911-1.jpg

Anyone else had a problem with these, thinking of just bobbing some JB weld in there to stop the leak, I now have a constant heavy drip from the offending item :-(

Ok folks, sorry for the delay, been a busy boy over the weekend.

Thursday morn I ordered my new Oil Gallery Plug from VW, 60 something pence plus VAT ;-) said it would be here Monday, cool!!

HOWEVER, on my way home on Thursday night my existing plug popped a hole and pissed my engine oil all over my shiny bay and all over the floor, got it recovered home and had a good clean. VW failed on the delivery of my new plug so Im still car less :-(

Heres a pic of the plug with the hole in it

IMG_0923.jpg

Gonna be a swine to get out