Well, whatever it was, the main thing is it's going well now!
I'd strongly recommend a TB clean when you have an hour or two though - it has made a huge difference to how smoothly the engine runs in my cars before now.
Congrats, and I hope it stays fixed!

So i have this same issue, car dies when letting off throttle so im going to perform this TB clean but is there anything i should replace while its off like any gaskets?

Hi Jamie,

A minor thing and not related to your problem, but looking at the photos that air filter is too small.

It will be restricting the breathing of the engine.

I had a similar size one my car when I bought it. When I swapped it for a bigger one there was a dramatic difference in performance and mpg.

Cheers Peter

From what you've said it really sounds as if the TB disc would benefit from a clean. OBD2 controls the idle by adjusting the position of the disc to allow a controlled amount of air past. If there's too much carbonized crud around the edge of the disc, and also around the inside of the TB passage, then that amount of air is changed; the TB will adapt to the buildup over time, constantly changing its idle stop point, but eventually it will reach a point where it can't get it right. Also, the crud doesn't get laid down in a convenient, symmetrical manner, and the TB expects airflow to increase linearly as its opening angle increases.
Unfortunately, a good clean, with the TB off (it's the only way to do anything more than a superficial job, trust me) followed by an adaptation with VAGCOM is the only way to sort this - or rule it out as the problem...
I think the SnapOn VCS module will work fine based on this document:
http://findpdf.us/d/1177242
(look for a small "Download now.." link, halfway down the page on the left side, below an advert). It also gives a useful overview of the Motronic ECU as well.
I've heard that leaving the ignition on with the door open for 20 seconds (or something like that) might force an adaptation but couldn't say for sure. The TB will adapt over time, but it's a looooong time.
Incidentally, my TB makes a motor noise, which is nearly identical to an adaptation, every time I turn the ignition on but don't start the engine (and perhaps then also but I can't hear it) - not sure what it's doing; perhaps a self test or something.
Good luck!

Do i have too replace any TB gaskets if i take it off? Or replace anything while i have the TB off?