Bought a Mk2 20vT!

Here's my new toy!

Mynew20vT.jpg

I pick it up next weekend :)

I think some of you may know the car already, a guy called Yaz is selling it, and he goes to the junction 29 meets.

Its a quick car!!

Every silver lining has a cloud though, and i really cant justify running the new MK2 and the VR, so as much as i'll miss her, the VR is up for sale :( &|

Have a look in the classifieds for more details. Its been a great car, but ive just wanted a change for a while. Decided to stick with good ol' Vee dubs though!

Re: selling the vento front end - id rather keep it on because its freshly painted and mint, the old golf one is pretty ropey. but if i do decide to sell everything seperately ill PM you!

Re: the new purchase - WOW! Its running 205bhp and 205 lb/ft torque, so the figures arent far from a good VR engine, but it was a lot different to drive!

Yaz drove it around for about 5 mins really gently off boost, and it felt a bit lame. The sweet tones of the six pot were glaringly absent, and he said it had a dump valve but i couldnt hear anything, no turbo spooling up either.

So it came as quite a shock when suddenly all hell broke loose!! He floored it as we passed the national speed limit sign, i was pinned to the seat aand frantically tried to grab hold of something in panic! there was a great WRRRRRRRRR PTSSHHH!! from the turbo.... and the car was sold :)!!

Totally wiped the floor with a ford van (a maxed up one with an RS turbo i guess, not a transit van!) then slowed very quickly (326mm discs) as the plod came rolling towards us!

All in all i was dead impressed, car seems to have been well looked after, i decided to go for it. I cant imagine what the mk2s running 300bhp must feel like though!??

You don't have to leave us chief....stick around' date=' you're more than welcome :)[/quote']

Cheers tommy :) the site's grown into a great little community, Pete and others have done a fantastic job.

Certainly plan on lurking around and on maybe bring the car along to forthcoming rr days, add a bit of variety!

[ Edited Fri Feb 18 2005, 11:07PM ]