Feature Car of the Month - April 2011 (B19 DRG)

This months ‘feature car of the month’ selection has been chosen and it’s no April Fools prank!!! This well deserved feature goes to B19 DRG also known as Dan Gooda and affectionately by some as ‘Smiffy’ :-)

Another member from the deep South West, Dan rolled up to the VR6OC Mega Meet at Billing Aquadrome in 2009. I remember this very well as he stole the show with his all, well mostly, original White VR. We were all very impressed with his lovely clean motor and both the VR and his infectiously happy nature have been permanent fixtures at further OC events. It was not surprising that he walked away with ‘Best Original VR’ trophy that summer’s day.

Dan only purchased the car in May of that year and had not been making any changes to her, even the suspension, she was riding (quite high!) on some nice painted standard BBS’s but as Dan says “This car was always going to be a long-term project… and have been working on it since thenâ€
Like many of us Dan set his sights upon a VR from a younger age and knew he had to get one eventually, he tells us â€My inspiration for this car has always been the car I could never afford when I was 17, I always remember there was a guy in a local town to me that had a blue VR6 he had a K&N induction kit and I can still remember standing on the pavement as he accelerated past me the noise was awesome, so after finally being in a position of getting a project car I found this and since then I have gone about sourcing the best parts I could†He has set about tastefully modifying her and the monochrome theme has a stunning effect. In fact I’m sure he’s responsible for the influx of White VR’s on the forum, as has been said, “White is the new Mulberry!†though I’ve never understood the obsession with the purple highline myself?!

It’s to Dan’s credit that the VR is constantly improving and I have some secret information that spanking new rimmage will be revealed to all in the summer, when it finally gets here!! How exciting! You will see he has been busy and we were quite relieved when he brought her down to earth though there has been some discussion about just how low she can go! ;-) Listed below are the current mods, my personal favourite being the handmade roof lining:

Modifications:

BMC CDA Air filter
Miltek Exhaust system
Fully polybushed underneath
Purple Samco hose set
Hella Celis headlights
Momo steering wheel , pedals and gear knob and gaitor
FK coilovers
BBS RX11 split rims ( up for sale in classifieds ;-) ) new wheels on there way !
Custom headlining in Audi black textured material
Wind deflectors
Dewiperd rear

If you’ve met Dan you will know what a friendly and fun guy he is, Gooda by name gooda by nature, (sorry… how could I resist?!). He has also had one of the jobs I would absolutely love to have, delivering supercars to rich people!! His religious motto being “Every man should drive a Veyron at least once!†Awesome!

He is now a regular on the VR6OC club stands at shows and picked up another trophy at last years ‘Billing Mega Meet’, I asked him about his favourite event and he said “ As far as shows go I really enjoyed our meet at Billing its such a nice and chilled event where we can all spend some time chatting and tinkering and maybe even a few cheeky beers , I do think GTI International is one my favourite shows of the year it’s a great venue and theres plenty going on so really looking forward to that again, But must not forget to mention the trip to the Nurburgring last year it was brilliantly organised and me and my Dad had a great time getting to thrash around there , the car can now wear its ring sticker with pride!†Agreed! It was a pleasure to meet his Dad, another gooda Gooda!, with a great attitude to life. I recall Dan may have offered his parents garden for another VR6OC meet ;-) so you might all get to meet him sometime too!

It certainly wasn’t a difficult decision for the mods to make when choosing his car for this feature because of his high standards. A final thought from him before you read his answers to our probing questions! “I don’t really have much more to say but I would like to say a massive thank you to all the top mates I have met through this club ,as a newbie you made me feel really welcome at the events you guys are completely mental about your Cars and the time effort and dedication you put in is brilliant and a huge thankyou to the powers above that had me as FCOTM im Honoured. I look forward to seeing old and new faces at all the shows this year!†:-)

The person behind the car.

Name: Dan Gooda
Forum user name: B19 DRG
Hobbies: Cars, Bikes, Computers, Gadgets
Likes: Cold beer on a summers day, car shows and the smell of Chemical guys cleaning products !
Dislikes: Japanese cars , wasps and rude people

Car questions

First car?: Mini
Current car?: VR6
Dream car?: Ferrari 250GT
Other cars owned?: Minis x 3 , XR2, Mk2GTi
What got you into Dubs?: My Mk2 Gti , I loved that car
Best feature on your car?: Few to choose but its gotta be the noise of the BMC CDA and Miltek exhaust
Future modifications?: New wheels are on there way ! Going to redo the complete interior and maybe a Supercharger
Favourite other member's car?: So many to choose from but currently loving Trix's white VR (the workmanship is pure quality and all done by himself)

General Stuff

1. Blonde or Brunette? Blonde
2. Takeaway or home cooked? Home cooked
3. Tea or Coffee? Peppermint Tea (don’t drink Caffeine)
4. Euro look or USA look? Euro
5. Soap or Documentary? Documentary
6. Mates or Dates? Mates
7. Pubs or Clubs? Pubs
8. Sun seeker or Thrill seeker? Sun Sun Sun
9. Lager or Spirits? Larger
10. Dogs or Cats?: Dogs
11. Night out or Couch potato? Night Out
12. All Go or All Show? Bit of both please
13. Winter or Summer?Summer
14. Tattoos or Piercings? Tattoos
15. Football or Rugby? neither!