WHERE TO GET A PERFORMANCE CHIP FOR MY VR6?

I own a U.K. spec early mk3 vr6(1993 obd-1 with seperate ignition coil)and i plan to put in a preprograme performance chip into my vr6 ecu,until today i can't get one already contacted AMD reply back they don't supply preprograme chip,autotech,neuspeed,tt,giac all don't have so i hope somebody in this forum can assist me and my ecu detail is:- 1)ECU NO-VW-021-906-258CB.(BOSCH-0-261-200-491). 2)ORIGINAL VW CHIP NO-1-267-357-425. The reason i can't send my vr6 for the custom programe chip is because i am living in MALAYSIA. THANK YOU.

It might be worth contacting an American supplier and trying to get hold of a GIAC chip. I know they can supply them with an adaptor which makes them suitable for a UK-spec ECU (jcorallo used to have one), perhaps they'll be able to supply one for yours as well?

Yes mine is the early vr6,GIAC don't have the programe for my chip.In MALAYSIA only have a few vr6 so is imposible to re-map my vr6 ecu,so anyway i hope you can help me to get a performance chip for my vr6,my ecu info-VW-021-906-258CB(BOSCH-0-261-200-491)CHIP NO-1-267-357-425.Hope this info will help.Thank You.

That doesn't makes sense. If your car is the same as an early UK car' date=' why can't you put a GIAC in it?

Is there nowhere in Malaysia that can re-map your car?[/quote']

• 1 month later...
Jules had a GIAC chip in his early VR6 as well' date=' so that sounds like bollocks to me.

But if neither GIAC or Superchips can supply a chip I'd say you're probably not going to find one.[/quote']

Hi!I email to giac usa to find out they reply says sorry giac don't have the programe for my ecu.

Well it looks unlikely you're going to be able to find one then, I don't know any other preprogrammed chips.

But a pre-programmed chip wouldn't be matched to your Schrick anyway, so you're probably better off just leaving it.