vr6 flooding instantly on startup

Hi folks, having problems with my vr turbo, basically crank the car, fires for a split second then floods big style, as in plugs are dripping wet. Car sometimes starts if fuel fuse is pulled and replaced once it fires but that aint a fix.

Have so far replaced coolant temp switch for genuine vag one, tried another maf and crank sensor even though I don't think these are the issue.

Comes up clean on a diagnostic check with no faults.

Any ideas as I am slowly loosing patience with it now...Cheers Dougie

hmmm...

is there a way of checking the injectors????

on my mk1, one of them was not closing properly, so it was dripping fuel gradually into the combustion chamber.. was a pig to start (flooded) but after it warmed up was perfect?

i'd also be tempted to double check the 4 pin sensor you replaced is working properly, as i believe this controls the cold start aswell as the general fuelling

Yer that sensor does the lot and are prone to fail, does engine ecu as well as the guage... If you got a running car u can temp donor then why not swap the inlet manifold, only a hour job max, would also change injectors and throttle body at same time, rule out many things in one hit...

Have u checked cam sensor ? theres also 2 knock sensors front and back...

Could be any thing really......

Dont have any spare inlets as its a one off, and injectors are also different being turbo'd. It was the blue sensor we changed as I was led to believe that was for the ecu, But if its the brown one I will swap out one from my daily and change that tomorrow.

P,.S, engine in question

DSC01674.jpg

Searched last night and it is apparent that the yellow temp sensor is for the fans control unit and aux water pump, the brown temp sensor is for aircon, so it must be the blue.

When I started it this morning, opened the throttle slightly before turning over and it fired and ran and has been doing so for 30 mins now without issue. If I turn it off it starts straight away.

i'd also be tempted to double check the 4 pin sensor you replaced is working properly' date=' as i believe this controls the cold start aswell as the general fuelling

[/quote']

Yer that sensor does the lot and are prone to fail' date=' does engine ecu as well as the guage...

[/quote']

This sensor has no input to the ECU and has no control over any fueling.

The coolant temperature input into the ECU is covered by the 2 pin blue sensor.

i'd also be tempted to double check the 4 pin sensor you replaced is working properly' date=' as i believe this controls the cold start aswell as the general fuelling

[/quote']

Yer that sensor does the lot and are prone to fail' date=' does engine ecu as well as the guage...

[/quote']

This sensor has no input to the ECU and has no control over any fueling.

The coolant temperature input into the ECU is covered by the 2 pin blue sensor.

Thats what I thought, have you come accross this problem before?