GTi Springfest - Santa Pod Raceway - 3rd April 2011

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I finally did it! Broke my 1/4 mile duck so to speak. It's as addictive as I thought it would be. Managed to get 11 runs in before 12.30 with my best time being 15.1 seconds. Crossed the line at about 94 mph in 3rd :o. It dawned on me last night that on my last run I still had half a tank of petrol left so I'm sure that I'll get below 15 seconds at some point. Thanks to Jim and tony *cough* for the advice on getting my starts right. Jim said something about "drive it like you stole it". I did and it worked.

It was great to meet a few new faces as well as the old ones. "Tony" did really well in that H20 van thing. It sure raised a few eyebrows.;)

Caddylammed, good to finally meet you and see your car up close. Great pics too!

On a slightly bitter note, I had a nervewracking experience with a white van driver on the north circular. The idiot tried to first, bully me into moving out of his way, then proceeded to get alongside me and alomst push me into the central reservation in order to get past. The red mist alomst kicked in but I value my VR far too much and backed off and moved to the left lane. Only for him to try and run me off the road again by swerving to the left. My cool head as in instructor definately helped, especially when the back end gave a twitch as I was forced to swerve to avoid getting hit. As a final insult he crossed 4 lanes and exited the North Circular, almost taking out an older driver.

Not the best end to a memorable and enjoyable day out. Aplologies for ranting folks but I was physically shaking when I got to Sparkz's house.

Kevin