Short shift kits

The highline that i've just bought has got a B&M on it and bearing in mind that i've never experienced a short shift till now, my first impressions are that it doesnt inspire confidence in the gear change.

Obviously there is less throw which makes the whole change feel quicker but on my car it just feels very hit&miss so to speak. You've really got to shove it into gear, which is the part i dont like.

Might just be my car though.

Its just come out of VW after having all the maintenance work that the other owner didnt want to do on it: AXLE BUSHES, Leads, Plugs, Rear Discs, Pads, ABS sensors!!!!

Just had an awesome bill!!!

But back to the short shift; i'm unsure of it myself. Wouldnt mind reverting back to standard part and see what its like without the short shift.

there was a member on here makes his own and they look pretty good quality. he uses the standard VW setup but puts a metal bush in stead of plastic and moves the swing of the stick higher creating a shorter shift. they were £70 exchange last time i spoke to him, and i think you can buy one outright for £100

he says he has tried a few and managed to get it about spot on. im willing to try these, not sure how he would cope with a big order but thats even if he still does them. ill send an email and let him know about the thread so he can pop in and chat.

1osnpi

you guys have great timing, i just got an email back from matthew clarke, the guy doing the home made shifters. he is doing a group buy currently on dubforce, which i think is great, why spend £130 on something you can have made for £50.

http://www.dubforce.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2169

its £60 each for 5 or £50 each for 10, its up to 6 so far. check it out, it looks like im going to go for it as they look really well made. and there are quite a few people running them with no complaints.

the only trouble is having to send the shifter off to have it modified, unless you pay the extra for a spare to be modded. take a look at dubforce, and any questions feel free to ask.