Golf 2.8 V6 4Motion Mk4 2002 FUEL CONSUMPTION ??

Hi guys

Could you all post some of your 4Mo fuel figures here so I know what Im looking for with mine.

At the moment im getting 320 Miles To full tank]

At todays prices i put £40 of fuel in my car and im getting maybe 160 Miles ? maybe 180 ?

How u getting on with yours ?

The above is general driving, 32 mpg on the motorway and maybe 22 urban ?

Put as much info as you can plz fellow m8s, I will try to decipher what I can from it :)

Tony

My misses is getting 26mpg out of ours. Thats including my trips to the shops at night :-p which happen often and fast.

I recently went to newcastle 270miles at above 85mph (Very long Private road obviously) I was averaging over 29 i think it was 29.7

I also brimmed the tank tonight so i will let you know what the misses gets out of it in about 2 weeks time.

almost always 320 miles to a tank ( To when light comes on)

Most ive had is 398 miles when on a long run down south. Least ive had is around 230!

Computer average over 4000 milees is 28mpg Real world average is around 26-27mpg.

Get around 30mpg on my daily 35mile trip for work.

I have honestly got that average on my trip but it might be something to do with not being calibrated to my new injectors.. lol...

Yip! If using a 4" MAF, the injector signals are smaller, so that bumps up the mpg too :-)

FWIW, when I put the 2.8 24V lump into my Corrado, I'm going to run it on my standalone with some cams and see if I can better the standard mpg. Should be doable. Especially as my VR6 T averages 27mpg and that has 400hp! :-)

My wifes Golf 4motion returns a minimum 330 miles to the tank every time, the on dash display showing 27-28mpg. This is from full to the warning light coming on, she has a thing about always filling up when the warning light comes on. So I know it'll do atleast another 30 miles. She doesnt hang about either.

On longer runs the car will easily do 380 miles per tank.

With the technology we have these days, and the cost of fuel, that engine wont be staying long!

In comparison my lupo returns the same miles per tank, but at 50% cost.

The ammount of power your engine can produce is irrelevant to how effecient it is while cruising.

85.6 mpg average...

I can increase that if you wish ;) Next time I flash it, I will fix it.

• 1 month later...