Insurance renewal came through today

Well the moment has arrived and I know my insurance renewal with Brentacre.

It has come in at £1190 FC!!!!!

HAve emailed a few places requesting call backs so will up date as and when I get em.

Car spec is 2003 R32

JBS TS440 Turbo kit pushing out 470bhp & 440ft lb torque

Neuspeed ARBs front and rear

ECS stage 5 front brakes.....(Porsche Cayenne 6 pots and huge discs)

ECS stage 1 rears

Miltek exhaust

Pioneer touch screen satnav/dvd/ipod stereo

Tho saying that £1190 aint bad seeing as it would cost approx £27k to build another car to the same spec if it got wrote off

Tho saying that £1190 aint bad seeing as it would cost approx £27k to build another car to the same spec if it got wrote off

wow thats expensive dude' date=' it has nowt too do with the rebuild price proberly..................

my bus would cost [b']over £27k to build and my insurance is under £200 with all mods declared, it also has an agreed valuation in that price incase it was totalled!

i dislike insurance quotes on our pride and joys! :S

shop around....................good luck tho....................

Of course it has something to do with rebuild prices!

As they would have to pay me out to that amount on like for like.

R32s are more desirable to the theiving scum than a bus, no offence, so premiums are quite high.

I know of a fella who pays £800 on a HPA R32 and he lives in Cornwall

so on your policy you have an agreed valuation for £27k?????....................

i hope so as they will not payout like for like as i found out a few years back!

i thought it would have more to do with the performance of your car that drives the premium into a different league?!?!?!

no offence taken dude, who would want to steal a rotten old camper van anyway?!?!?! lol :)

so on your policy you have an agreed valuation for £27k?????....................

i hope so as they will not payout like for like as i found out a few years back!

i thought it would have more to do with the performance of your car that drives the premium into a different league?!?!?!

no offence taken dude' date=' who would want to steal a rotten old camper van anyway?!?!?! lol :)

[/quote']

surprisingly it has very little to do with the power of the car, was reading a topic on this a few days ago and a young lad 20 ish was getting quotes of £1200 on an RS6 and other very high powered Audi's and was getting the same sort of quotes on MK2 golfs !! it comes down to the crime figures on that particular vehicle as well as more obvious things like postcodes etc. Also I agree with you about having an agreed valuation, it is more hassle and will cost you a bit more on your policy but god forbid anything happens to the car it's the only way to get back the true value of it :)

• 4 months later...

I went with Adrian Flux this year after no joy from Chris Knott and a 50% increase from Chaucer. I hate the whole process of sorting car insurance as it is all so cloak and dagger and just another chance for people to try and fleece you of your hard earned cash. Those of us that are willing to pay and get the correct cover are just laughed at by those that "work" the system. Rant over....