Not Much Money - Where To Start?

I see tons of threads saying about turbos and superchargers etc whereas most of us dont have the reddies to dive into that kind of operation. Also, it isnt just the cost of the unit, its all the other bits and bobs that go with it, not to mention the labour costs, not to metion the inevitable replacement costs when you weld that right foot just once too often lol.

For those of us that dont have much in the way of reddies or the tech know how on how to strip and rebuild an engine, where would be a good place to start?

For example, I have a 96 OBD2 VR6, with an engine, gearbox, clutch thats done less than 20k. Just finished buying engine mount, tie rod ends and a bearing to try and sort out this veering issue.

Now when thats sorted I want to get a few toys for it but I dont want to go overboard. Yeah a turbo or supercharger would be nice but thats upwards of 2k and that isnt an option the now.

So, were back to induction kit, 6 branch, decat. Thats what I know about. I am assuming there are other toys I can get but can someone fire some suggestions.

Cheers

A lot of people get hung up on power but really the place to start is the braking and handling. Fine tune the handling and it'll transform the driving experience, increase the braking effect and you'll out drive your peers. Once both of these are sorted you can decide whether more power is necessary. But that is just my opinion...

I see where youre coming from. Got massive grooved on the fronts as it is and getting new calipers in next couple of weeks (found somewhere much cheaper than euro carparts lol). Handling wise, I just wanna get the veering sorted, but I got some things getting fitted on friday.

Also, mech said this shouldnt really make any difference but would the ride height being 1cm lower on left front make any difference?

Next, what do people think about the Pipercross Velocity induction kit?

A lot of people get hung up on power but really the place to start is the braking and handling. Fine tune the handling and it'll transform the driving experience' date=' increase the braking effect and you'll out drive your peers. Once both of these are sorted you can decide whether more power is necessary. But that is just my opinion...

[/quote']

Yeah got breaks and handling laid out what to do, will do that first anyway. :)