Golf 4Motion 2002 Power Steering Fluid Level ?? Advice Please

Hi Guys

My Power Steering was making some noice a while back and the fluid was low, so I topped up the reservoir and it cured the problem. However, the noise is returning slightly? I didnt put much fluid into the system so its perhaps still low, but is it possible for the power steering system to use oil over a short period? There are no signs of leaks from the underneath at all and no puddles etc when i move the car forward.

Does any1 know how much oil they actually hold and how much I should put into the tank ?

Thanks guys

Tony

Below is Bentley bleeding procedure after filling from empty. Might be worth emptying yours and filling with fresh:

• Check hydraulic fluid level and top off if necessary. (Fill to the top – not just the max).

• Raise vehicle until front wheels are off the ground.

• Start engine and allow to idle for about 5 seconds. (it is dry so a few seconds is all it needs)

• Turn off the engine and check the hydraulic fluid level. (this will need to be repeat more than once as long as there are a lot of bubble and the reservoir is suck empty when engine runs).

• Repeat procedure one more time. (as many time as it takes).

• Restart engine and turn steering wheel from lock to lock with engine idling.

• Turn engine off and check hydraulic fluid level, top off as necessary.

• Repeat procedure two more times. (might need to be more)

• Leave engine off for 2 to 3 minutes to allow air in the hydraulic fluid to dissipate. (might need to be more, look for bubbles)

• Lower vehicle.

• With engine idling, again turn the steering five times from lock to lock.

• The steering system is bled when no air bubbles are visible in the hydraulic fluid reservoir.

• After completing the bleeding sequence, screw the cap hand-tight onto reservoir