i've been thinking lately of doing a drag mile.. but where can you go?

i'm in the midlands and wouldn't want to travel too far. i'd love to get the car at higher speeds. 100mph on 1/4 mile is ok, but nothing special.

so where is there a place?

and how much is it?

Nice one ben cheers.

had a quick look on my phone and seems they are pretty strict on stuff, and anything not standard has to go in an open class.

i'd hate to travel there and not aloud to race because of it turbo or something.

might be because i'm on my phone but any idea's of price?

Anyone kno any strips in north west? I've been thinking about this recently. Used to do track days, mainly brands but with buying house etc ain't really got the spare cash...seems bit cheaper to go up a strip. I know of crail, shakespear, brunters, north weald, pod and york. Closest is york at 2hrs away, which is ok but with runs that'll be easy £100 in fuel. Be nice if there's one closer

cheers everyone. gonna check those places out. 50 mins is fine. santa pod is hour and half from me.

what would you expect from a standard Vr6 then over a mile? i managed a 14.7 1/4 mile at 95mph which i've been told is pretty quick for standard.

would love to do a before turbo and after turbo!

I dont know of any apart from the ones you mentioned mate :(

ahh no worries, as i say york is 2hrs which aint to bad...jus means bit more cost in fuel and further to organise a lift from if things go pear shaped :D

hoping to get to a few this year!