Bungy's 4motion turbo in progress

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see this going ahead mark it seems like it was only a couple of weeks ago when we spoke and this was in the pipe line good luck with the build and results....

My restrictions are spare time/cash but I have a long list of things to do and will get there eventually.

alright pal' date=' good vid,will u be finished for the ring in easter what power will u be putting down.are u going to the ultimate dub show, telford in march

[/quote']

The plan is to be charged by Easter and it all depends on how much money I have as to how much power. I'd like 300-350 but the first tune may only be 260-280 and I may have to do it in 2 stages. I'll try and get to Ultimate Dubs work allowing but as a passenger.

Been spending some time in the workshop today and started with a list of things to do and worked my way through them. Felt a little bit lonely after having the luxury of Pauls help for the strip down.

Got straight to work on the stripped stud for the connection between exhaust manifold and down pipe. Carefull drilling, filing and an M10x1.5 tap set and it's all done.

IMG_1405.jpg

As my SAI is disabled it seems pointless to leave it in place and so out it came.

On the car.

IMG_1406.jpg

And out.

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

There is more to strip out but a little bit unsure how far to go and so I've consulted the experts at United Motorsport.

Don't want to get this bit wrong.

IMG_1411.jpg

While everything is out of the way and I'm waiting on parts a little bit of TLC and cleaning is required. Battery area looking a little bit unloved.

IMG_1410.jpg

Plenty to keep me busy over the next few days.

I had some very special visitors today with Matt and James making the trip down from Basingstoke to help with a couple of things on my car. All the wiring for the SAI was traced back and removed as it is now surplus to requirement. With the impending charger fitment and the inlet manifold off it seemed worth while upgrading the injectors and so 630cc items are now ready which should see it safe for up to 600bhp which is far more than I need. The choice for the 24v is restricted and so with Matts guidance and help a VR6 12v injector loom was grafted in, soldered and heat shrunk. This was then cloth taped and put back into it's guide. The ECU was then sorted to accept the new hardware. Next on the list is an uprated fuel pump and to run n/a whilst waiting for the charger.

Many, many thanks to Matt and James for all their help as I also had so many questions. Really nice to work with enthusiasts so passionate to ensure other peoples cars are top line.

Tomorrow should see the last of my gaskets arriving and the rebuild commencing....