Bungy's 4motion turbo in progress

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rear track on the mkiv is 20mm narrower than the front. For what reason I don't know but it doesn't look right. So today the postman delivered these to sort it out. 10mm either side with extended bolts to team up with the 8.5J's to fill the arches.

IMG_0395.jpg

Not driven it yet with them on. Gave the car a good wash today as it is now laid up for the next couple of weeks while I fit the head spacer. It was freezing in the garage tonight and I wasn't going to wait for the suspension to settle.

worth letting settle and taking for a spin to check movement and make sure no rubbing before going wider mate :)

Sound advice Benjamin, I've never used wheel spacers before. Did it properly though with hubcentrics and correctly extended bolts.

Well looking for a reversible change and not sure if it is really what I want or not I thought I'd try this.

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

It took a bit of practice but plenty of hair drier use and pulling and folding and with a really sharp craft knife.

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

I'm sure there will be some that hate it but I'm willing to give it a go and it can always be removed if it doesn't grom on me.

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

As always, comments and views are welcome...

that does look good mate doing any more ?????

I quite like it and tomorrow I'll do the rest of the facia surrounds. I found it best to remove them, clean and put on a radiator to warm through. I put the 3m stuff on a radiator in its tube and used a hair drier loads to mould the corners. Seems to work a treat.