Bungy's 4motion turbo in progress

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read from start too finish,

keep up the good work,

how did you manage to take the wood trim off too wrap it tho?

i really want to replace mine with r32 ali ones or carbon fibre wrap but i'm worried i'l brake it trying to remove the originals??

nice avatar by the way,,,,,,

cheers jamie

just read from start too finish' date='

keep up the good work,

how did you manage to take the wood trim off too wrap it tho?

i really want to replace mine with r32 ali ones or carbon fibre wrap but i'm worried i'l brake it trying to remove the originals??

nice avatar by the way,,,,,,

cheers jamie

[/quote']

You don't need to remove the trim and it is possible to wrap it in situ. The long strips either side of the stereo are easy to break and need care if you do remove. I didn't remove the cup holder trim and did that one in situ aswell.

I've been plating with wishbones and in particular preparing a set for a revised set-up. After some advice i'm going with Audi TT rears and poly type bushes up front. The TT ones are solid bushes without the voids which for some reason the mkiv's have. Hear is a with and without set of wishbones.

IMG_0551.jpg

And the mkiv items with voids.

IMG_0552.jpg

A 36mm socket used normally for the oil filter is just the right size for pressing out the fronts.

IMG_0553.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good work mark have to let me know how they feel once fitted. Ive heard this is the best route to go though. Are the tt bushes the same as the R32 as this is the route i was advised to go down.

I'm not sure if they are the same but I was specifically told to use the TT ones. I think they may be the same but cheaper.

Have u been polishing it yet bungy..?

I hope you mean my car. I've not started yet but I do have a master plan and the postman delivered my clay bars today and lubricant. I've got my DAS6 now after a top tip off by Dan and i'm ready to go. Should get rid of all the imperfections in the clearcoat.

• 3 weeks later...

Well yesterday I bought something very important and it wasn't wheels, interior or a charger but could be a lot more exciting. With nothing to do this morning I've been meaning to tidy up a few things and the under bonnet area has been a bit neglected.

IMG_0568.jpg

The cover has got a few battle scars and so a little bit of painting to brighten my day.

IMG_0569.jpg

Subtle enough to be hard to spot but a little bit of colour under the bonnet.

IMG_0570.jpg

When the inlet manifold comes off again I'll be painting that and booking it in at some point for the underside of the bonnet which is a bit of a mess.

Not a fan of the red hose thouh Bungy.

Other than that' date=' looking good!.

[/quote']

Red hose came with the BMC CDA and if I had my way it would be black. Won't be needed for long so not doing a temporary change.

• 3 months later...

Well updates have been thin on the ground but loads need doing. After a trip to the Ring it was obvious my wishbone bushes were lunched so out they came.

The lateral rear ones are TT voidless and the fronts are ploybushes.

IMG_1795.jpg

The next picture shows the 2 kinds side by side with the yellow line showing where the 4mo bush had torn but hopefully the TT one will be stronger.

IMG_1794-1.jpg

Next on the check list is for new engine mounts.

Looking at doing this soon be intrested to know what u think. How difficult were they to do.

I'll do a "how to" and post it up. The drivers side is a little more involved as you have to loosen the engine mount and lift the engine to access one of the bolts. It was all straight forward enough though and didn't take too long.

Nice work fella.. U weren't joking about them having play were u..?

I thought they might be perished but I didn't expect them to be completely torn...

The voidless ones should be stiffer but with an element of comfort still and a lot stronger.