UK Quarter Mile Times

im running 888s but have yet to break the 13s but have broken everything else' date=' drive shafts, clutches, diffs lol going for 12s next year ... going to look into drag tyres aswell

[/quote']

LOL, is that why you're called the Dark Destroyer? :-)

oh yes it sure is mate think im on clutch number 5 or 6 now ???? lol

i ran 12.56 at the pod with my old vr6 turbo, no lsd, and not on 888's or slicks. i was making 17psi , using a united motorsports ecu.

good times are down to alot of factors, but a good launch and 220ft time are essential , my terminal was always around 115-119mph , which would support a decent low 12 mid 11 if i could get a better launch.

i now have a charged 4mo , so we will see how that works out

i ran 12.56 at the pod with my old vr6 turbo' date=' no lsd, and not on 888's or slicks. i was making 17psi , using a united motorsports ecu.

good times are down to alot of factors, but a good launch and 220ft time are essential , my terminal was always around 115-119mph , which would support a decent low 12 mid 11 if i could get a better launch.

i now have a charged 4mo , so we will see how that works out

[/quote']

Jim, thats a really, really good time with the setup you had. How many runs had you taken the car through, was it consistantly around that time? What would you say your average was with it.

I read your build thread, did you ever go forged internals with that engine, or left it standard?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

They also have alot better fuel on tap, and most of the good times are made using proper drag tyres, not like the crap people run here.

this is the main thing.. people don't realise what a huge difference tyres and fuel makes. 

They have drag tyres in most tyre shops out there.  I used some 76 high octane fuel in an old 1.9 gti Engineering mk2 years ago when we had that fuel shortage crap, MY GOD what a different car !!!   and I was mixing it as well..  

Stick some street legal drag tyres on a car here and some high octane fuel and see the times fall..