Anyone had any experience with the DAS-6

Considering purchasing one of these to take the time out of my washing process and the dead hand I seem to suffer. Caused by the application of polish then buff it off then apply black hole glaze and buff then wax and buff it..........

Any experience on these or similar machines let me know...

Detailing World is the nuts to be fair, be you can turn real anal with cleaning by reading for long periods of time on there!

Machine polishing gives excellent results, but does take it out of you if you are going the whole car in one day, make sure you research the compounds to use as well to achieve the finish you want!!!

Detailing World is the nuts to be fair' date=' be you can turn real anal with cleaning by reading for long periods of time on there!

Machine polishing gives excellent results, but does take it out of you if you are going the whole car in one day, make sure you research the compounds to use as well to achieve the finish you want!!!

[/quote']

I do 3 stages by hand application and buffing x 3 I think machine polishing will make it easier. But I just bought ARP's so no money for one this week

gutted

Yea it is alot easier and i personally think you get a much better finish, but i tell you, i dont half ache the next day LOL

i do a panel at a time and asses if i need to do 2 or 3 passes on it, iv never done more than 3 on a panel with a fine cut compound, and i got a mirror finish on metallic paint with it.

• 1 month later...

i have a PC7424 bought before they offered DAs in UK, they are all rated for about the same power though so are swings and roundabouts.

I would say to anyone who likes to clean and polish their car to get a DA, so much quicker and easier to get far superior results. All you need to get rid of swirls and hazing and obtain a mirror finish is a final finish polish and max a green pad.

this is after menzerna PO85RD and a green pad, no further correction after just jetseal, before this car had obviously been machine washed a lot, it was spiderwebbed up to foook

100_0704.jpg

100_0715.jpg

Well got the DAS 6 kit out the other day and I must say I am pretty impressed with the results. I had to struggle on with the larger pads as the smaller ones arrived 2 days after. Here is a few pics of the results. I will be glad when the poorboys stuff arrives as it came with maggies swirl remover and maggies glaze and wax but I think the finish is goog though:-

Also a shot of the new fogs

DSC01942.jpg

DSC01944.jpg

DSC01949.jpg

DSC01947.jpg

DSC01948.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

I know I lost a lenso hub cap when I did the PAS pump the other day $60 from the states new but I got one from ebay new £18 delivered such a lucky find only one on there lol

• 4 months later...

I got my DAS6 the other day to go with the Rotary I already have and i'm very impressed. It is very easy to use and paint correction is really easy as it is almost impossible to put too much pressure onto the pad. I've spent a couple of days detailing a friends car that was really bad and it has come up very well. I'd recommend one to anyone that regularly polishes their car.