2001 VR6 not started this morning key turns, lights go on but no fire, is battery dead or starter/ignition knackered. Has been moody last couple of weeks. Any thoughts? Electrics have been playing about for a couple of weeks, clock and trip all constantly changing/resetting.......very dull

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

put a fresh battery on her (or take urs out and charge it up) then put it back in, start her up and check she is charging. you want to see around 14.3V when the engine is running. If this is the case then its very likely a dodgy battery and you can then replace.

If not let me know as there are a few more test and things we can do to check the system is not draining excessive and killing your batteries ;)

to check the system, disconnect the negative connector from the battery post, put an ampmeter (set to read low amps) between the battery negative terminal and the negative connector. You will probably see a rise to maybe 4 amps initially as its like asystem test as your making the circuit with the meter, it SHOULD then drop to not much more then 0.03 - 0.04 A. if you see this then your system is not raining the battery excessive

& after market alarm systems are the most common for this and custom fit stereo systems ;)

yes mate thats right . will it jump ? i have a jump pack, and we can then check if its charging from there. the other thing to check,is that the fuseable links on the pack ontop of the battery havent burnt through. my freinds wife had this happen last week, and got lights etc, but it wouldnt turn over.

i can pop over to you one night if that helps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...