Hi guys, i have just bought a P reg vr6 highline and have a few warning light problems i need some advice with.

firstly, the ABS warning light was on, the garage says it needs a new pump and modulator. the part number is the dreaded 1H2 614 217 C which seems to be as rare as rocking-horse shit! but found one with an E on the end instead of the C, which i am led to believe is just an upgraded version. is this correct? well i fitted it anyway, and the light was still on, so i looked into it on some forums and found it can get mis-diagnosed and could just be a sensor. i found a faulty one and replaced that but the light is still on, so im out of ideas with it now. any help would be apprieciated.

secondly, the general handbrake warning light has come on since i replaced the sensor, though i have checked them all and they all work so im unsure what the problem with that is.

I am not sure the E is the predecessor to the C?? Once all sensors are confirmed by vag com to be good get your original pump fitted. Then clear Fault codes on your ECU. I had a customer looking one of these pumps and they were quoted over £1000 for it from VW.

If that doesnt sort it a lad has done some soldering fix on his pump.