Ticking Noise from Clutch/Gear box

Hi guys, ive got a 95 Golf Vr6. I have this really weird problem with my clutch. When the clutch is engaged ( pedal down) i dont have this strange noise but.......when the pedal is up ( so driving along) i get this really weird ticking noise. the noise becomes quicker when the revs go up. I dont have any problems with changing gear it feels like it always did.

Anyone had this problem before or can anyone help?

Darren !dodge

is the noise worse in reverse,is it a ticking or whirring because whirring would point towards bearings, ticking if it is coming from gearbox could be chipped, tooth fragment in box, u could change oil,see if it goes away

[ Edited Sun Oct 26 2003, 07:02AM ]

Ok i check reverse gear...it did the same thing. BUT i noticed today that the clutch pedal was a little higher than normal. It should be lower than the break, or almost at same level. I think the cable might need tightening. When you rest your foot on the clutch it doesnt make that noise. i drove it 2day fine with my foot resting on the clutch ( pain the but back side though). Does these cars have cable clutches or is it Hydrolic?

• 1 year later...

I to have this problem and its been like it for a while with no adverse effects. Last time I was at Stealth I discussed it with Vince, he advised me its normally a good indication the clutch is worn etc and I may as well run it until it worsens. Due to the cost involved in a clutch change I intend to go with this advice and I have done for several months now.

I to have this problem and its been like it for a while with no adverse effects. Last time I was at Stealth I discussed it with Vince, he advised me its normally a good indication the clutch is worn etc and I may as well run it until it worsens. Due to the cost involved in a clutch change I intend to go with this advice and I have done for several months now.