Hi Guys' date=' I checked the HT leads and they seem ok. I spoke to Tony and booked some time with him to take a look. I am going to wait a week for all the parts for the schrick to arrive. I got new throttle and manifold gaskets. I will most likely fit the AP suspension in a few weeks and the D90's are coming off to save some money as well.

Its not all bad at least I hope if it is then its going to be sell the mods I guess.

So no VR for a week. Hey Pete I am looking forward to hearing about yr corrado project. Tony sort of explained to me. Hope it goes well.

Oh one other point, I cannot do team south meet this month, I wanted to bring my wheels but its going to have to wait.

[/quote']

Cheers mate. Will post up loads of updates / photos this weekend. Can't wait till it's all going :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also when taking off the throttle body of the Schrick, I noticed one of the bolts was rounded off as in the Allen key in the middle. I know its a 5mm, so if i use a 6mm and hammer to gently tap the socket in, would this be ok? I really dont want to fu*k it up!

i wouldnt reuse the bolt if i wass you, they will be one day that you need to take it out and if its been on there for a year or so that might be very hard :-p but good luck with the ht leads, can you send me the link so i can get some too lol

i wouldnt reuse the bolt if i wass you' date=' they will be one day that you need to take it out and if its been on there for a year or so that might be very hard :-p but good luck with the ht leads, can you send me the link so i can get some too lol

[/quote']

Ordered the HT leads get service from Dubpower high recommended, just go to there website http://www.dubpower.co.uk, would like to say thanks to Oldmanson.

Come on. Schrick has been taken apart. I am just wondering does anyone know if there should be any play between the shaft to the Vacuum Solenoid. This a washer or rubber grommet etc.. Just trying to work out if this is air tight?

Otherwise I got the throttle body off and ordered all new Schrick Gaskets from G-Werks at a really good price.

Only pain is the vacuum bottle, they dont manufacture the old round one.

Part Numbers below if anyone is interested

026816024 Throttle Body Gasket

026816025 Manifold Gasket

026816074-01 Vacuum Reservoir (new version, externel back pressure valve needed)

026816083 Back Pressure Valve

If your throttle body gasket was shot' date=' it would explain why it still ran crap when refitting the standard manifold..

[/quote']

I have got a separate polished throttle body for the Schrick. I bought it from Calico.

It still runs crap on the standard manifold and throttle body of which I did not touch.

Just read your thread shame about the engine mounts matey, looks like you had a cracking weekend with loads of progress.

I saw some pictures and you look like you have got Schimmel cams?