Any ideas struck disaster today..............

While heading between yards this morning in my VR I stopped at a junction and the Hi speed fans kicked in engine temp soared and a sh*t load of steam from under the hood. I turned heaters on full and limped the the yard. I suspect Thermostat stuck shut so I am about to order a neuspeed unit does anyone have any experience of these and also has anyone any other ideas welcomed.

Cheers

I'd change the thermostat housing as well if your doing all that as its failed on both VR I've had! one ended with a warped head and my current one was bodged with instant gasket to seal the cracks!! Ebay is a good source.

As previous stated, don't go the low twmp thermostat route as it won't allow your vr to warm up to its correct running temp and engage the warm map and svae you fuel. They do a lower temp rad switch though which isn't such a bad idea for when your stuck in traffic.

I'd change the thermostat housing as well if your doing all that as its failed on both VR I've had! one ended with a warped head and my current one was bodged with instant gasket to seal the cracks!! Ebay is a good source.

As previous stated' date=' don't go the low twmp thermostat route as it won't allow your vr to warm up to its correct running temp and engage the warm map and svae you fuel. They do a lower temp rad switch though which isn't such a bad idea for when your stuck in traffic.

[/quote']

am a partner in Golf 1st and have plenty of parts suppliers to hand I just wanted some ideas on the low temp thermo's I have decided to pop her off the road now as the chains are a bit noisy sounds like the top rail has gone completely. Was talking with Tony about changing them but he is too busy until after the new year so one of my mechanics will have to be trusted to do the lot.

I have only had it 2 weeks and already she is going off the road ;(

I agree totally with popping that info up as a sticky as there is plenty of part numbers and info there very very useful