Got The Engine out a bit sad really!

Brand New Exhaust, Suspension, Tyres and MOT. Got her for £1500 I think its the 2nd robbery I done without having to wear a Ski Mask (Not a criminal just got my last personal VR for £800).

Heres a few pictures don't plan any major changes just yet. Just the engine bay as I have just bought a polished mani needs a re polish and going to get a lower manifold done and a tensioner and a few other bits sparkling. I do have a 2.9 Raddo cylinder head taken in part exchange agains one of my OBD2 engines.

Anyway Here she is I am proper happy with it I thought it wouldn't live upto the Dragon Green one but I love it.

I noticed she already has her tramp stamp sticker on the rear.

DSC01493.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01496.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well decided to replace the drive shaft today and the top guide rail as it was broke and I dont want to take it off the road until the tax runs out to do the chains.

A bit tough even getting a low level jack under it:-

DSC01632.jpg

Also dont forget to slacken the bolts before getting her in the air as I have a habbit of forgetting

DSC01634.jpg

The Culprit

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01637.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

Done, Also got rid of the "Modified Airbox" The car sounds a fair bit quieter which makes long journeys at 60 far more enjoyable when the kids are in the car:-

DSC01640.jpg

Also have an issue I did the top guide rail today and put the engine back together. She seems to be a bit smoke and is a little bit vague in the early revs like something is lacking. I have checked all the pipes and am almost 100% certain its right. The 2 coolant hoses on the throttle body I have it so the T from the expansion tank closest to the bulk head is that correct

• 4 weeks later...

Well managed to get a few minutes on the corrado head I have. got it all stripped down and ready to go off to the engineers for skimming. Does anyone have a good source for valves or is there an aftermarket (better) choice out there as I want to do the lot. please bare in mind this is for a forced induction conversion.

DSC01748.jpg

DSC01746.jpg

Well out with the old awaiting the new:-

DSC01747.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well treated her to some new oil and a filter today. Had to get her over the new pit and needed an excuse so that was the perfect one. Also replaced an exhaust bracket that had broke no more rattling on the rear axle, happy days. Then finished off by conditioning the leather and giving it a good hoover. Went to the jet wash after and the salt has destroyed the chrome on the rims so I am seriously gutted going to mirror polish them in better weather.

DSC01788.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well this is it when I removed it from the vehicle notice the chrome gone completely from the edging. They always had spider webbing around the fake bolts.:

IMG_0077-1.jpg

IMG_0078-1.jpg

This is it after some serious polishing and sanding:-

IMG_0079-1.jpg

Just followed this guys video burnt a fair bit of fuel in the VR lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went from this:-

IMG_0147.jpg

To this:-

sadday002.jpg

sadday001.jpg

I figured the head gasket was on its way out as she was using water and spluttering a bit at times, I put it under some stress when the thermostat stuck shut. But in fairness the gasket looked good however there seems to be some very very light scoring on canal 1 & 6 so not to impressed. Luckily I have another engine on the shelf and I will split that and check the bottom end.