• 4 weeks later...

Ok so not updated for a long time :-/ Anyway the car is sat sulkin at the moment as I have changed my plans (again). After talking to a nice american chap about his jetta/vento I have decided to go down the same route as him. So I had a chat with mr daverse and a deal was struck to get both of us some parts we wanted. Over the next few weekends I shall be fabricating alot and shall pop up some pics for u to either approve or disagree with lol. Wish me luck :-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooo decided to chisel out all the sound deadening and quite glad I started

Posted Image found quite possibly some of the best repairs ever :-/

Posted Image

Posted Image

So the next few wknds will consist of me making a rollover jig so I can get underneath to strip all the underseal off and have a nose. Took my door seals off and there is rust on each door frame.

Its a good job I love this car or it would be gettin scrapped there is just rust everywhere :-(

Mate its mental, Ive got so much fabbin to do on the rear end where allthe bumper mounts are its pretty much being held 2getha by the underseal. Seriously not looking forward to seeing wats under the underseal. I was hoping to have it done by UD but now its become more of a restoration project. Overtime here I come lol

So came down 2day to start knockin up a rollover jig. Thought id give u a quick pic of how she looks at the mo feeling all sorry for herself :-(

Posted Image

Heres some rust :-(

Sill.......

Posted Image

Boot.......

Posted Image

Rear (completely gone through)....

Posted Image

Drivers sill.....

Posted Image

And theres plenty more where that came from :-/.......

The Vento does seem to rot away, this is why i'm laying mine to rest, floors, inner sills already been welded, two new outer sills, that was all years ago, now no inner rear arches left and the back end of the sills have gone. Yet the Golf I've got is only 1 year newer is near perfect underneath, only a few bits and bobs but really solid. Respect to you for keeping going with it

There is alot more lol. Gotta cut rear window out and there is a small hole under the roof gutter cover. It seems mad to keep goin with it but I just love it. I honestly couldnt imagine sending it to the scrapyard :-( It will take a while but I will not be defeated lol

There is alot more lol. Gotta cut rear window out and there is a small hole under the roof gutter cover. It seems mad to keep goin with it but I just love it. I honestly couldnt imagine sending it to the scrapyard :-( It will take a while but I will not be defeated lol

I know the feeling, my Vento is my baby, but unfortunately it has to go soon, getting so much grief off the missus cos I've got cars here there and everywhere. All the good bits are going on my Golf though, nothing is going to waste. Will shed a tear when it gets taken :(

• 1 month later...

I need your help guys & gals, Im in serious need of guidance I love the vento its my baby but the amount of rust is really quite daunting :-/ I want to sort it as 1 it will be very rewarding and 2 I love it. But I jus dunno wat to do, I know if I scrap it I will regret it big time but its ALOT of work :-/ HELP ME :-(