Is my car an OBD1/OBD2 Hybrid?!

Hi everyone, seem to have got myself a bit confused...

i have a 1995 (early, feb i think) Highline. I thought it was an OBD1, it has the smaller rectangle side repleaters, it seems to have the ISV (im pretty sure thats what i cleaned...) and there for, i assumed it was an OBD1, just before the cut off before they started OBD2 cars

HOWEVER, i found out today it has an OBD2 diagnostics connector, not the 2x2 which i was expecting to find. Whats going on, did they make some in the middle ?! Is there a sure fire way to find out which i have?

thanks in advance

Mark

• 11 months later...

An ISV is on obd1 models , it regulates the idle , idle stablizer valve if im not mistaken . anyways its a silver/grey valve that is connected off the right side of the throttle body , if you dont have 1 of these then your car is an obd2 model as it most likely is being an 96 model .

theres loads of pics on here jus pop ur bonnet and have a nosey round, but being a 96 like above I would say obd2

Back to the op my 95 highline was the same, later abs and 288mm discs, obd2 maf and diagnostic port but was def an obd1 engine and square side repeaters