Absolutly huge insurance premium!

i'm 30 with a clean license and i still pay £650! I used to pay £800 a year for my 300bhp scooby so i think VRs are just expensive in general. When i got my last quote i was told that if mine wasn't a highline it would have been £200 cheaper! sucks!

Yeh i think this year was always going to be expensive due to the points and ban. Well its not worth 2400 according to insurance, thats why i was wanting to go with HIC as am i right in thinking you can agree a true value of your car with them? Ive put around 900-1000 into car excluding the cost of car, and the time ive spent on it, so guess theres no choice but to pay it.

My quote will be interesting this year. I got myself a DD ban in 2005 in December and some companies ask for it to be declared whilst others dont. I was paying £2000 third party for a MK3 16V gti when I came off my ban so I feel you pain mate....

Im with admiral at the moment! ha. typical. ill check it out mate.. like i said i tryed HIC as my mate who is same age as me, altho he has 3 years no claims insures his mk2 gti with mk3 16v conversion declared and other mods for £550 a year. but they wouldnt give me a quote under 3k.

I'm always quoting this but if ur a premium member on here, let ur insurance know, scan and email thembur welcome letter and u WILL save money!

i have been with adrian flux for many years and they are very good. (and the only company who will insure cars running nos!)

Well i always take a day off work to ring insurance companies when it's due... frankly last couple of years Direct Line have been the cheapest by far for me... I'm 33 now but i pay £240 fully comp. But the drawbacks of the policy i have wacked my excess up to £500 and i have no fancy extras no hire cars nothing it's basic as chicken soup I have no engine Mods only run bigger wheels everything else standard... Also bear in mind your post code makes huge difference to premiums as does age and prev points.. they don't appear to worry too much about 3 points but anything over and the rype of mis demeanour affects it. I should point out i have 10 years NCB too Thatcham CAT 1 alarm Immob parked on Drive and extra security measures ( that i don't wish to divulge except to my insurer )

Have you not tried our partner Chris Knott Insurance in the insurance section ? Sorry Sky i totally forgot you guys ... my BAD !!!