GOLF VR6 GEARBOX TO V5 GOLF GEARBOX

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any further info regarding V5 boxes onto VR6? Are some o2a boxes and some 02j?

I know that some use 100mm flange and others such as EBS coded v5 box use 108mm flange.

I am looking for a straight swap for my VR6 in order to benefit from lowered final drive.

Unsure of the varients of the V5 box ratio wise however, so any help is much appreciated!

The car is for occasional track and road use, not a daily driver so performance is preferred to MPG.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys

I just putted 2.3 V5 gearbox (DZL code) in my mk3 vr6

gearbox fits well, you need to change flanges to 100mm ones (ones with D as a last symbol in code, mostly from diesel engines, they are fited to gearbox with bolt, not just pushed in like vr ones), change one hole in starter motor (its bigger in v5, just use drill) and that small thing in gear shifter (dunno how its spelled in english, code is 357711051D) which works for reverse gear - just take it from ur vr6 geabrox.

Thing is the v5 is a bit shorter and have harder diff, on vr6 gearbox i went to 160km/h in third gear, on v5 gearbox it goes around 140~, vmax is around 220~ now

You can just PM me for more info

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...